Roughing it

This is some portions of Coalinga Road. Conditions are better than I expected. The FZ1 handles it all reasonably well. Just a couple slips and some splashing.

[video=youtube_share;tAyVUBw5Iy0]http://youtu.be/tAyVUBw5Iy0[/video]

Last edited:
I sat and watched this on my phone before. You handled that road quite well Mike. Just when I thought Spring was here, mother nature had second thoughts and dumped a big pile of white crap all over us again! Keep the vids coming as it's my only enjoyment at the moment!

Yeesh, roughing it is right. The video reminds me of the time I rode US-550 in Colorado after they had just chip sealed. That was hair-raising

Fair enough, just that it looked really narrow and didn't appear to have centre lines

California is a huge state, even though most roads in the urban areas are way over crowded we still have many remote roads like this one if you are willing to seek them out. It's about a lane and a half in most places with no center line. One reason they don't have much traffic is because they are off the beaten trail, poor condition and not much fun in a car. However they are a blast on a bike if you are willing.

Thanks for the video Mike, need to get my KTM down there one of these days and explore the region.

Back