Rumble Concepts eliminator

I just finished installing my Rumble Concept's fender eliminator. The job didn't take long, about three hours after getting the wires routed, connected and tied up. Their LED plate light is really a nice touch and it comes already in place. The wires are plenty long enough, but the colors don't exactly match. One is blue so if you get that one right you'll have your polarity correct. The signal lights bolted up without any problem although that seemed to be as much by accident as design.

The only real problem with the kit is that the holes in the fender eliminator are too big and they allow the fender eliminator to go up over the protrusions on the underbelly and then you can't properly tighten the thing down. I ended up getting eight 3/8" washers from the local hardware and put one on each side of the eliminator on all four holes. That allowed me to tighten things down properly and all is well. I decided to use my original signals mainly so they will match the front but I would imagine any of the more popular signals would work just fine. I hope the attachment shows the finished product.

Last edited:
Hey BroHay, I expected a little scolding from you for my indiscretions. Although I didn't care for the looks of the stock rear fender, I have to give credit to the engineers for designing a rear fender that is so simple, yet gets the job done in a way that makes the states and Feds happy. I'll just pack it away in case I ever need it. Friend.

I'll give you the first one for free. The next one is gonna cost you a pretty penny! Can't scare off the new business on the first day....

Adam

Just did a Graves eliminater. Well made out of aluminum. Accepts stock turn signals complete, but you have to buy a license light. I found a Puig LED that fit well. You use the stock bolts, Graves supplies the nuts and washers. Bots right up, fits and looks great! Bill

I also looked real hard at the Graves unit. I almost popped for it then did a 180 and went for the Rumble. The Graves looked like it was made out of much more substantial material and would take the signals absolutely stock. How much did the Graves unit narrow the total outside width of the signals? If the Rumbles end up bending or otherwise ticking me off, I'll definitely switch to the Graves. By the way, have you got any pictures of the instLLED UNIT?

Back