Scala Group Buy

Anyone interested in doing a group buy on Scala headsets? Looks like I will be buying 3, so that's a good start. Let me know. This is from Scalas website:

Group Buys - Please fill out the (contact us) form. Give us detail such as the item number, purchase date, and quantity of the intended purchase.
We will be more than happy to furnish you with a quote.
Please Note: Group buy discounts start at a quantity of 4. Model numbers can be mixed providing the minimum quantity is 4 or more pieces. We will only ship (Group Buys) to the billing address on file with your bank.

:D Yes Joe and my testimonial is STILL up on their web site. ;)

MY wife and I have the Q2 multi-set and love them! I cannot buy them now but I'd love to get the newer Q4 set should anything happen to the Q2 set....

But as Joe mentioned, well, I put one running helmet in the drink while on the Indian Foothills Parkway after riding the Dragon. The helmet with the running Scala, speakers and mic all went swimming and survived without fail. Not one problem with them even after that!

How do the speakers fit in the helmet? I have a X-11 and I've tried to put my Xasus speakers in and it's a no go. They are to big and catch my ears. Are these speakers lower profile?

Unsure of the Xasus speaker profile but the Scala ones are very low profile. Neither my wife nor I have any issue with our ears and the speakers are velcro'd to the surface with nothing over them. We both own Shoei RF-1000 helmets.

I will note that with the Scala, the speaker placement needs to be as dead-on to your ear canal as possible. Also, the mic needs to remain in the center of your lips and touch them as much as you can stand. If the mic is even slightly off, the headset can and will drop a conversation in mid-sentence. I'm sure that the Q4 set has improved on this though.

Not sure if this is still going on or not but I've got two Scala sets and I friggin love them. I have had the Q2 Teamset for about 6 months and just upgraded to the G4 Powerset. The G4 is a great system. Bluetooth stereo is great!

I was considering selling my Q2 set and getting the G4 set. slyder, can you tell me what the differences are that you have noticed?

Cheapest reliable place I found them is [ame=http://www.amazon.com/CARDO-SCALA-RIDER-POWERSET-BLUETOOTH/dp/B0036G99SY]Amazon.com: CARDO SCALA RIDER POWERSET G4 BLUETOOTH HEADSETS PAIR: Automotive[/ame]

Audio quality is honestly about the same. The best part about the G4 is the media integration. A2DP Bluetooth stereo means no more cord plugging to listen to my music. I use my phone (Moto Droid) for tunes and since it also has built in turn by turn GPS I get directions in my helmet too. I honestly haven't tried the FM radio since I really don't listen to the radio anyway. Physically the G4 is bigger but weight is about the same, maybe even a bit less than the Q2. I did find the G4 to be a little confusing to control at first since it does so much but I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm extremely pleased with my upgrage though.

Back