Dustin

So I've retired my old Schuberth C3 and upgraded to a C3 Pro. My C3 has been very, very good to me over these last 4 years and is actually still in good shape. I've been having issues with water leaking in behind the visor now as the rubber gaskets are probably pretty tired by now. Other than that and the helmet generally feeling a bit loose and tired, it is still in good nick.

Like the last time, I bought it from FC Moto out of Germany. Unfortunately, you don't get the DOT sticker on the back but in exchange you pay almost half price.

I went with matte blue because it was about 100 Euros cheaper than black and it also should match my smurf outfit which is a bonus.

I haven't ridden with it yet but initial impressions are good. The helmet fits my head very well and is quite snug without any discomfort. Compared to the C3, the fit is almost the same except for the cheeks and jaw where it is much more snug than my C3. I was actually surprised at the difference with the Pro and it's almost like a race helmet.

When it stops being below freezing and the snow goes away, I'll go recover my bike from the girlfriend's house and give the helmet a test ride. :Rockon:

How's the build quality?

Schuberth is not available in Australia but two of my friends bought them online (A few months ago) and both of them are unhappy.

I was tempted to buy the S2 but having second thoughts now and rather stick to Shoei. Have been stung with Shark too so not keen to make another expensive mistake. Shoei likes me and I like Shoei. :)

Having said that - Airoh is landing in Melbourne end of this month so will def. check them out too....

The build quality has been extremely good in my experience. The old one has around 100,000 km on it and is still solid.

The bits you touch and feel are all very solid and provide great feedback and remain solid after extensive use. I developed a small whistle from the top vent at certain head positions and speeds. It seems to have been caused by the slider or the cladding at the top. If you fiddle with it, it goes away.

I've always read good reviews about the Schuberths, hence my scepticism.

Anyways - Thanks for the feedback. Will see what I buy next (mid) year... Plenty of time to research and investigate. :)

Well, despite all the snow we've had, I've managed to get out and ride with the new helmet a fair bit. First impressions are very positive as it's every bit the quality piece my old C3 is.

A few differences I can note:

- The helmet is a slightly different shape and also a little narrower around the jaw. The fit is excellent but it was very snug when new, especially when opening and closing the flip-up portion. It's already starting to break in and fits nicely.
- The claim of reduced noise is certainly accurate. The helmet is noticeably quieter and my tunes come through even clearer.
- The aerodynamic changes seem to work well for my set up. Nice and stable.
- The chin vent at the front of the helmet flows less air when closed which has greatly improved cold weather highway riding. The old helmet would flow a lot of air at highway speeds and my little face would freeze if it was below zero.

So far, well worth the 380 Euros. :)

Last edited:
Back