Seat Lock

My 2008 FZ1 didnt come with a user manual as I bought it used from someone else. My back seat is able to unlock and come off but the front seat will not budge. My key only turns the lock to the front of the bike. Is it supposed to turn the opposite way to unlock the front seat? I need to get the front seat off so I can jump the battery. My bike has been sitting too long in the cold. Any help is greatly appreciated for getting the stock seat off. !!! :rtfm:

My 2008 FZ1 didnt come with a user manual as I bought it used from someone else. My back seat is able to unlock and come off but the front seat will not budge. My key only turns the lock to the front of the bike. Is it supposed to turn the opposite way to unlock the front seat? I need to get the front seat off so I can jump the battery. My bike has been sitting too long in the cold. Any help is greatly appreciated for getting the stock seat off. !!! :rtfm:

Once you remove the pillon seat just reach under the metal cross brace at the forward end of the opening under the passenger seat. There is a latch under it that slides from right to left that releases the front seat. The lock only turns one way, so don't feel bad. The manual doesn't come with the bike, it has to be purchased separately. It can be had from Yamaha online for free (the owners manual only).

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-11626-21-51_FZ1_1455.pdf

Last edited:
Back