Skyline Drive 2012!!!

Where: Skyline North Entrance 7-11 (for gas/coffee fill up)
711 South Royal Avenue
Front Royal, VA 22630

When: Sep. 1, 2012 (rain date Sep 8th)

Time: Meet 8:30 AM, kickstands up 9AM sharp

Who:
All riders welcome. Posting up on the FZ6R and FZ1 sites, feel free to pass it on.

What: This is a chill ride down Skyline with a few stops for pictures. Skyline is beautiful this time of year when the leaves start turning colors, so no land speed records, just a chill ride. I plan on going down Skyline to rt 33 W, a couple miles down the road is a roadside diner with awesome BBQ. We'll break for a long lunch there, then everyone can split off and continue riding or head home.

I believe this is the GAS/BBQ place, but don't quote me (19625 Spotswood Trail, Elkton, VA)

Last edited:
If it wasn't about the 1000 miles to get there I would be in for sure! I was planning another week ride this year but we're moving in our new apartment in October... need to pay double rent in October :(

Not a whole lot going on yet... some of the tree's/bushes starting to turn, everything else, still pretty green.... I was playing around at the tunnel, trying to get some shots to work with... these are all unedited, raw pics.

enjoy:

2012 Sep 1 Skyline pictures by dart1963 - Photobucket

preview of a few good ones:

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

and finally... that's me! ;)
IMG_5780.jpg

Back