So Yamaha USA changed the FZ line to the MT line like in Europe.

Just say there was no MT03 on your list. Yet another bike you guys don't get over there....

Honestly I don't think it would sell that well here. The FZ10 now MT10 didn't do that well on sales here compared to other bikes.

That is why there is no SP model here either for 2018. That doesn't bother me though as there is not nearly enough changes to the SP to justify trading bikes. I am enjoying making mine my own special edition.

I don't like this.

I get having one name globally, but this is horrible for name recognition, the FZ line has been around for a long time. No one in the US has ever heard of the Yamaha MT line....

Plus MT sounds dumb, FZ is way cooler sounding IMO.

My main problem is that the FZ has always been a high performance four cylinder. While the 10 made sense as an FZ; the 09, 07 and 03 really do not belong to that family. It's better to make it a worldwide brand, IMO.

The FZ line was sport tourer, the MT line is pure street fighter. The MT (Monster of Tourque) range are different bikes and should have never have had the FZ badge on them.

That may be where the sales and marketing dept stuffed up over there, trying to market the bike as something it is not.

FZ

YAMAHA-FZ-750-GENESES-14100_1.jpg

Yamaha%20FZ%20600%2086.jpg

YAMAHA-FZ-400-FAZER-14099_1.jpg

YAMAHAFZS1000Fazer-1483_1.jpg

2012-yamaha-fz1-1_800x0w.jpg

2006fz6sstudio0003bs4.jpg

YAMAHA-FZ-1N-14093_1.jpg

YAMAHA-FZ6-5577_2.jpg

Given the lineage, I'm still ok with the MT-10 being called an FZ but the other 3 and 2 cylinder bikes don't belong. IMO.

After riding an MT10SP back to back with my bike (admittedly slightly modified) both me and the MT10 owner preferred my bike!, but the MT10SP is an awesome platform to improve upon. And it has begun!!!! I like spending other peoples money :sinister::sinister:

Back