Sportmax Q2 pressures?

New to the forum here but have a question...recently put a set of Sportmax Q2s on my 09 FZ1...was running the stock pressure (36/42 cold) but the bike, especially the rear feels "squishy", almost like the tire is low on air. Will check again cold pressure, they are right on the money. Checked with a second gauge, same results. When in the corners, do not feel confident, certainly not like the original tires that came on the bike (this is the second set of tires). It is to the point where I am contemplating changing the Q2s out with something else. Anyone have any experience with these tires on this bike and have suggestion regarding pressure. There is only one of me on the bike and I am about 215#...

Thanks...

Why not just adjust the pressures and take the bike for a spin to see how it feels? Nobody will know the right pressure better than yourself :)

Why not just adjust the pressures and take the bike for a spin to see how it feels? Nobody will know the right pressure better than yourself :)

Have sort of tried that to a certain degree...I came across something (not sure where) that offered running the pressure fairly low (like 35 psi) with the Q2s...

I run my Dunlop Q2's at 34 front 36-38 rear (cold) and they stick like crap to a blanket.
The only downside is that the centre of the rear wears out pretty fast (around 3,000 miles)
I would try the lower pressures, as these tyres are good enough for track days and have way more grip than most people need on the street.

Last edited:
I've got them on my track bike and run 31 F, and about 28 R. As Ballmead stated they stick, period.

Have you tried a lower pressure to see how they respond? I know is sounds crazy but give it a try.

Back