Sub-throttle position sensor

Hi guys,
I wanted to adjust my Throttle position sensor and because of my big mechanic skills, I accidently moved the Sub-throttle position sensor thinking it was the TPS.
I put it back to the way it was by realigning the white lines together but these sensors are sensible and pretty sure it isn't adjusted correctly now.
Now my sub plates make a weird nose when moving and I'm afraid that's because I messed with the sensor. Noise is like the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuW5-_3MTwA

I read the service manual and in order to adjust that sensor you need a digitsal circuit tester.

Has anyone ever had to adjust that sensor?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have OEM sub-throttle plates or modded? If they are modded then the adjustment doesn't matter. ;) If not, mod the plates to about 38mm diameter and forget about them. :tup:

Do you have OEM sub-throttle plates or modded? If they are modded then the adjustment doesn't matter. ;) If not, mod the plates to about 38mm diameter and forget about them. :tup:

I put back the stock plates after having my ECU flashed.
I thought that sensor controlled more than those sub-throttle plates like the plates further down the cylinder.

I put back the stock plates after having my ECU flashed.
I thought that sensor controlled more than those sub-throttle plates like the plates further down the cylinder.

Is this Ivan's flash? Is so, there's no need to worry about the flies as he's got them opening sooner and they may, in fact, never fully close but you'd have to ask him.

I have his flash and left the modded plates in as his dyno charts showed no difference. ;)

The noise you are hearing is the motor trying to drive the subs more than the linkage will allow.... you need to adjust this before you damage the motor.

Please get the pages from the service manual and follow them before you damage something.

Ivan

The noise you are hearing is the motor trying to drive the subs more than the linkage will allow.... you need to adjust this before you damage the motor.

Please get the pages from the service manual and follow them before you damage something.

Ivan

Now you got me scared. Im going to open the tank and try to fix. The problem is i dont have that digital circuit tester so mightneed to take to dealer for that.

You don't need any tester....

You just need a caliper to measure the position of the throttle plate....

Just loosen the screws on the sensor and turn the key on... move the sensor until you get the required measurement between the throttle plate and the throttle body.... then re-tighten the screws

Ivan

You don't need any tester....

You just need a caliper to measure the position of the throttle plate....

Just loosen the screws on the sensor and turn the key on... move the sensor until you get the required measurement between the throttle plate and the throttle body.... then re-tighten the screws

Ivan

Thanks Ivan, I'll go get a caliper and try that.

Is that the measurement "a" in the picture?

Last edited:
That's one of them.... there is another one that you need to check and adjust first... if you never touched the adjustment screw for the max open adjustment, then don't touch it please.

Be concerned with the other (minimum position) measurement first, and use the sensor to get your measurement within spec.

Then check the max open measurement afterwards.
(should still be ok if you haven't touched the adjuster screw.)

This whole thing shouldn't take more than 5 minutes after you remove the airbox.

Good luck, :)

Ivan

Back