Superbrightleds.com

Prongomatic

I know, we need another Angel Eye thread like a hole in the head. But I wanted to share my experience with superbrightleds.com. I ordered the 80mm blue angel eyes for my Gen 1. They were $26 each not including the covers. Not only am I impressed with the quality and how bright they are, I received my product in only 3days. Most of the time when I order stuff online with basic shipping it takes 7-10 days for me to get my stuff. This company is top notch. Give them a try!
LED Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights - COB | LED Angel Eyes | Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs

Last edited:
That looks great!

Instructions pretty thorough?

It's getting to be that time of year when mods (both visual and performance) start wanting to be done. :drools:

RE:

Actually, no instructions were included. I guess their are too many applications to make that feasible.
I wired The Halo's off the right turn signals and wired a LED toggle switch so I could turn the Halos on and off.
If you have any questions on installation PM me and I will try to respond.

Did you have to open up the headlight to install these? I've been thinking of doing it but I'm not crazy about trying that just yet. Besides I think my wife would get pretty mad at me if she found me putting bike parts into her oven. :eek5:

Did you have to open up the headlight to install these? I've been thinking of doing it but I'm not crazy about trying that just yet. Besides I think my wife would get pretty mad at me if she found me putting bike parts into her oven. :eek5:

I was trying to find a thread I did when I installed the Angel Eyes on my 01'. Anyhow, yes, you need to separate the housing. All you have to do is get that $10 dollar Harbor Freight Heat Gun. It was so easy to do with the gun. Just heat a section at a time and it separates easily. Don't remove any of the glue in the process cause you'll heat up that same glue to get the halves back together.

I have a heat gun and that sounds better than trying to explain the headlight in the oven. :D

Cool, I've been wanting to do this and add the turn signals in the corners like the R1 has.

RE:

They have different halo's, sizes and colors. I went with the COB (Chip On Board) angel eyes which are brighter then the regular ones.
I ordered the 80mm halo's and ordered the covers for them. The covers disperse the light better.
YZFRiderNY was correct if you want to use a heat gun but I found the oven easier. The choice is yours.
I put my headlight assembly in my oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Wearing gloves I pulled them apart and set them down to cool. Then I used the heat gun to clean off the old glue.
When I installed the halo's I used my dremel to cut notches in the lenses so they could lay flat on the 12 and 6 o'clock position.
I used aluminum tape on the flat bottom of halo's and trimmed it with a razor which served two purposes. They held the covers on more securely and it helps reflect the light outwards. This is completely optional.
After drilling the holes for the wires I used epoxy to glue the halo's down. This way (with the notches) they will not move, shift or fall out of place. I used rubber bushings to seal up the holes that I drilled to feed the wires out. Now it's fully waterproof.
I didn't use the provided connector, I cut it off, lengthened the wires and used black shrink wrap on the wires to hide them inside the housing, make the connection more secure and to waterproof the wires.
After cleaning the inside of the lenses I used black fast adhesive/glue to seal the lenses back up.
My total cost was about $80.00
I have PIAA H4 Xtreme White Plus Anti-Vibration Headlight Bulb which are blue in color so they match the halo's perfectly.

Last edited:
They have different halo's, sizes and colors. I went with the COB (Chip On Board) angel eyes which are brighter then the regular ones.
I ordered the 80mm halo's and ordered the covers for them. The covers disperse the light better.
YZFRiderNY was correct if you want to use a heat gun but I found the oven easier. The choice is yours.
I put my headlight assembly in my oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Wearing gloves I pulled them apart and set them down to cool. Then I used the heat gun to clean off the old glue.
When I installed the halo's I used my dremel to cut notches in the lenses so they could lay flat on the 12 and 6 o'clock position.
I used aluminum tape on the flat bottom of halo's and trimmed it with a razor which served two purposes. They held the covers on more securely and it helps reflect the light outwards. This is completely optional.
After drilling the holes for the wires I used epoxy to glue the halo's down. This way (with the notches) they will not move, shift or fall out of place. I used rubber bushings to seal up the holes that I drilled to feed the wires out. Now it's fully waterproof.
I didn't use the provided connector, I cut it off, lengthened the wires and used black shrink wrap on the wires to hide them inside the housing, make the connection more secure and to waterproof the wires.
After cleaning the inside of the lenses I used black fast adhesive/glue to seal the lenses back up.
My total cost was about $80.00
I have PIAA H4 Xtreme White Plus Anti-Vibration Headlight Bulb which are blue in color so they match the halo's perfectly.

Electronics and wiring are not my thing, motors, yes, electronics...no :-/ How much would you charge to just come and do mine? lol.

I used the heat gun method for opening up the headlights. it was rather easy to do and not that messy. I installed two LED lights for blinkers in the upper corners and have been looking at getting the Angel Eyes to do once I gather the parts.

Back