Suzuki Returning to MotoGP 2015

i really hope not. i really wish we had more diversity in gp racing, honda/yamaha gets boring, duc's dont really count and crt's are worthless as they are slower than a wsbk bike

Well it will be good to have Suzuki back in, but I doubt they'll be competitive from the start...it will remain a Honda and Yamaha show for the most part.

Yeah, Randy de Puniet is terrible. I mean he only came back from a tibia/fibia compound break faster than Rossi. He must really suck...

he crashes constantly. how his body heals after a fracture has nothing to do with how good/bad he is as a rider. he has 2 podiums in 8 years with gp racing. yes, he's a fast rider, but he's not a competitive gp rider.

The CRT bikes are great! What are you talking about?

they need their own class.

de Puniet: Suzuki has 'really good potential' | MotoGP News | Jun 2013 | Crash.Net

only 3/4 second off lorenzo's time? i'd say that's not all marketing puffery

Randy de Puniet feels Suzuki's new MotoGP racer has 'really good potential' after the French rider set a best lap time only three-quarters-of-a-second slower than Jorge Lorenzo at the Catalunya test.

The Frenchman lapped in a time of 1m 42.676s on the as yet unnamed inline four-cylinder machine, which was good enough for eighth place out of the 19 riders present.

Afterwards, de Puniet told a press gathering at the Spanish circuit he had yet to 'push the limits' or 'find any problems' with the machine, which was making its public debut on Monday.

“We worked like we did in Motegi, step by step, and the base of the bike was quite good in the beginning,” said de Puniet, who has been signed to help with development of the Suzuki alongside his race commitments for the Aspar team.

“We needed to adjust the gearbox because it was the first time here, but I'm satisfied with the level of the bike and I didn't touch the limits again. That's why Aragon [later this week] will be a good test because we will have two full days. We only had one day here and we are already at a good base.

“I really hope to continue this work and to find some problems! Because at this moment I don't have any problems. I like the riding position and feel very comfortable on the bike. It is easy to do many consistent laps. The base of the bike is already at a high level and I like the front feeling, even if we need to work to gain some corner speed.

“We need to adjust the traction control, like everybody, but like I said the base is at a high level. We never had any technical problems and the bike never stopped on the track and this is good.

“There is more power [than his Aspar CRT] and when you pick up the bike you feel more power and this is better for my riding style. I will try to follow someone in Aragon to have a better idea about the performance of the engine,” he added. “I like the power delivery. It feels like a real prototype engine.”

de Puniet likened the performance of the new 1000cc machine to Suzuki's previous 800cc bike, which he rode at the 2011 Valencia test - just before Suzuki confirmed its MotoGP ithdraw.

“This engine is smoother. The 800 was more aggressive. The riding position and the frame is very close [to the previous Suzuki],” he said. “The 800 was very good and I think they took the good points and used them on this bike.

“The lap time today is not bad and for me to jump onto the Suzuki from the CRT I need some time to adapt my riding style, but I think this bike has a really good potential.”

On Monday morning Suzuki officially confirmed that it will return to MotoGP - but not until 2015.

well duh. the bike should be capable of being competitive as long as they get a competitive rider on it. de puniet, is not that rider, he lacks the consistency of keeping the rubber side down

Maybe because his bikes aren't on par so he pushes harder???

Are you always a douche bag?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back