tarnished exhaust

:confused0024:hello there, i used to own on fz6 fazer before my fz1 fazer and what i would like to know is my fz6 exhaust's would become tarnished after a couple of rides and required regular polishing. ive done about 650 miles on my fz1 and the down pipes still look sparkling. is this because the exhaust on the fz1 is made with higher quality material...? or in time they will need polishing too!

As far as I know, the exhaust on the FZ1, at least fefore the can, is stainless. I've really never looked at the FZ6 exhaust, but I would think it is the same. The discoloration on the stainless is normal. I've seen the same color on aircraft headers.

As far as I know, the exhaust on the FZ1, at least fefore the can, is stainless. I've really never looked at the FZ6 exhaust, but I would think it is the same. The discoloration on the stainless is normal. I've seen the same color on aircraft headers.

yes i am aware they are both polished stainless but like i said before when i had my fz6 the downpipes would become discoloured and tarnished after just a few rides and would need regular polishing whereas my fz1 have stayed nice and shiny!

The only thing I can think of is that either the FZ6 had a different stainless than the FZ1 has or perhaps it was running really hot. Even stainless will tarnish if enough heat is applied

Back