Tech-Line Black Satin

Any of you guys had any experience with this ceramic coating? Does it stay on and look good or does it peel off like most other coatings?

I have not used that particular one, but powder coating in general if applied properly is very durable. What were you going to coat with it?

I am doing my headers so normal powder coat is no good. This stuff resists temp upto 2000 degrees! Just wondering how well it sticks and is it durable against stone chipping etc.

I am doing my headers so normal powder coat is no good. This stuff resists temp upto 2000 degrees! Just wondering how well it sticks and is it durable against stone chipping etc.

Right the hi-temp powders that I had seen previously were only good for about 1200° F.

I recently did my headers with a black ceramic coating that is good for 2000° F and so far it's holding up fine. I don't know what "brand" the place that did my headers uses. It's been on for about 300-350 miles. I would suspect that as long and the surface is prepped properly then it should stick just fine. Here are some pics of the finished product:

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

Any of you guys had any experience with this ceramic coating? Does it stay on and look good or does it peel off like most other coatings?

I have the stock header and pipe (all 1 piece) on my 1986 FZ 600 S ceramic coated. It was done about 8 years ago and will probably long outlast the rest of the bike.

IMG_0314.jpg

The stock was black, you can just make out the pipes in silver in this picture.

Ceramic is the way to go IMO for headers. It's harder than most other objects therefore if it's applied correctly it won't chip or even scratch. Really the only way to damage it is exceeding the rated temperature or hitting it with other ceramic bits or diamond tip tools.

Back