TechSpec Tank Grips

Hey everyone, just a quick write up (its my first time :eek: ) When riding my FZ1 I found that my knees would slide around a lot making me hold on tighter to the tank and making it a little uncomfortable and especially under heavy braking and with a pillion I would slide forward too much for my liking, anyways I decided to buy the TechSpec Tank Grips (the 'snakeskin' ones), they arrived yesterday :)

So I got into action, cleaned the tank down with the rubbing alcohol or isopropyl (whatever you wanna call it) and chucked them on. Went for a spin and they are awesome!! I don't slide at all now and its so nice not having to grip the tank as hard.

I brought them from here TechSpec Yamaha Tank Grips got free shipping, a key ring and lanyard. Heres some pics

oz4dtH6.jpg

OEtXYPG.jpg

TV27621.jpg

Hope I did ok on my first time :)

Next will be braided brake lines on my looong list of mods

Snake skin pattern? I'm not sure whether to choose it or the new C3. I have Stomp Grip on my ZX-6R but it started peeling off early and they don't reply to their e-mails.

I could be wrong but as far as I know the only difference between them is the thickness. Can you zoom in on the pictures? The pattern is just like little diamonds I guess its a bit like a snake? I can take a close up picture if you like. Will have to wait until next week though, am currently on holiday in Bali :woot::woot:

I have the c3, it's much softer material (like a dense neoprene) and the diamond texture isn't as deep. the snake skin are more aggressive, larger diamonds and a harder material. I think the pad itself is thinner with c3 as cookie said

TechSpec on Every Bike

I've used TechSpec pads on my last five bikes and I am a big fan. Just for starters, you can easily remove these pads, place them on wax paper, and reapply them later with no loss of adhesion. I've done this with a few bikes that I've painted. TechSpec's most textured Snake Skin products are my favorite, and way less aggressive than StompGrip's pads which are really only better on the track where you need maximum grip, but for typical street and canyon riding, SG is overkill and uncomfortable; digging into your pant leg while wearing anything less than thick leathers is downright painful.

Attachments

• IMG_6669.jpg
    IMG_6669.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 92
I could be wrong but as far as I know the only difference between them is the thickness.
The pads may be the same material, but look and feel entirely different. Personally, don't care for the ultra-thin High Fusion pads, but I bought a sheet and made a pattern and fit the stuff under the custom tail I made for my "R-None" (R1 street fighter) project. The tail was short, so a lot of debris would kick up, and the High Fusion padding acted like a protective shield. And with black paint the black padding was virtually invisible, but not entirely--so it looked kind of cool under there. If I can find a photo of the bike, shot low and from behind, I'll post it here later.

Model of Tank Pro

I've used TechSpec pads on my last five bikes and I am a big fan. Just for starters, you can easily remove these pads, place them on wax paper, and reapply them later with no loss of adhesion. I've done this with a few bikes that I've painted. TechSpec's most textured Snake Skin products are my favorite, and way less aggressive than StompGrip's pads which are really only better on the track where you need maximum grip, but for typical street and canyon riding, SG is overkill and uncomfortable; digging into your pant leg while wearing anything less than thick leathers is downright painful.

Hello,

What model number is that on the center of the tank?

Thanks

I don't know the model number, Mike, but I know when you buy the model-specific pad kit on the site, you have the option of adding the center pad--or you have the option of which center pad you add. Once you click that, the various options come come up, and the one you see is the one I picked. I kind of remember that there were only three to choose from, so you should easily be able to spot the one I picked when you're there.

TechSpec Part

I don't know the model number, Mike, but I know when you buy the model-specific pad kit on the site, you have the option of adding the center pad--or you have the option of which center pad you add. Once you click that, the various options come come up, and the one you see is the one I picked. I kind of remember that there were only three to choose from, so you should easily be able to spot the one I picked when you're there.

Thanks! I checked out the site and don't see any option to add a center pad but looking at your image and whats available I think you have this one Center Tank Protector - Tank Pro 3 - CENTER TANK PRO's - Motorcycles

Back