Testing TPS for Ivan's flash

Prepping for the Ivan's ECU flash, having confusion about the TPS adjustment. Does the bike need to be running to check voltage, or just to set the idle? Ivans site says: "Voltage should be 0.665 volts with engine running at normal operating temperature 170 degrees, and idle speed set between 1250 & 1300 rpm." Does this mean the bike must be running at operating temperature in order to test the tps voltage? I set the idle with engine running at 170°, but I don't get why the bike needs to be running to check the TPS, if it does. TIAFB_IMG_1678031507330.jpg

I do not have an answer for you but am glad I'm not the only one a little confused with the directions. Wish he had a video so we could see exact steps needed for all of this!

Hopefully someone will drop some knowledge for ya!

I do not have an answer for you but am glad I'm not the only one a little confused with the directions. Wish he had a video so we could see exact steps needed for all of this!

Hopefully someone will drop some knowledge for ya!
With some advice from the Facebook group+a little messing around, figured out that you don't need the bike to be running in order to test.. but you do need it to be warmed up to get a good reading. The difference between the the two readings was negligible (+/- 0.001V) when I checked them for myself.

Back