The best description of tire wear I've read....

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Found this when searching for wear patterns of motorcycle tires and thought it will help answer a lot of questions often asked. Very descriptive and easy to understand. Answered my questions about front tire wear and the scalloped design which, according to this article, is perfectly normal and expected. The way it was described now makes perfect sense.

Read on eager riders...... :Rockon:

Motorcycle Tire Wear

Found this when searching for wear patterns of motorcycle tires and thought it will help answer a lot of questions often asked. Very descriptive and easy to understand. Answered my questions about front tire wear and the scalloped design which, according to this article, is perfectly normal and expected. The way it was described now makes perfect sense.

Read on eager riders...... :Rockon:

Motorcycle Tire Wear

I did not read everything but there are a lot of mistakes in the explanations. Well, I have a Phd in physics and that's why I am picky about correct explanations but many of the explanations are not correct. Wear patterns are complicated to explain and the physics involved is complicated. A lot of the patterns I have seen can not be explained by road cambers or other simple things but are a complex composition of several reasons.

Back