The 'Far East'

GraniteGray

A few shots from an early Spring ride, here on The Rock...

FirstRide200904.jpg

FirstRide200908.jpg

FZ1006.jpg

FirstRide200905.jpg

Last edited:
nice pictures...nice senery....
question: I notice on the US and Canada bikes you have this yellow/front and red/rear side reflectors. Is that a legal requirement ?

I notice on the US and Canada bikes you have this yellow/front and red/rear side reflectors. Is that a legal requirement ?

Yep. It's a Transport Canada regulation. All bikes sold in this country must have them installed by the manufacturer.

Beautiful scenery up there. What part of Canada is this? I'd suspect the fishin' isn't too bad either.

The Island of Newfoundland. There's lots of sea ice blowing down from the north, right now. I'm going riding again this afternoon, to see if I can get some shots of the big icebergs floating by after breaking free from the Greenland Ice Shelf.

What size is that CB? Thats a nice looking bike. Were you guys together for the ride?

That's a 1975 CB550F. My buddy and I decided to go old school this year. He bought that bike, and I bought this 1978 CB750K...

CB750G.jpg

Here's some more photos from our ride on Sunday...

FirstRide200901.jpg

FirstRide200902.jpg

FirstRide200903.jpg

FirstRide2009011.jpg

FirstRide2009012.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shots. Looks beautiful up there. Why though didn't you take your Honda along??

I bought both the FZ1 and the old CB750 over the winter, and I'm still infatuated with the Yamaha, at the moment. There are many trips planned for the pair of old Hondas, however. I'll post some photos of the two old bikes together, as soon as we take them both out for a run together. Count on it.

Here's some photos I took of the sea ice, and a few icebergs, when I went for a ride yesterday. It was a little bit cool, with the temperature hovering around the zero to minus 2 Celsuis mark. The northerly winds have really packed the ice in tightly against the Eastern Newfoundland coastline. Hard to believe it, but that was bonnie blue sea water as far as the eye could see, just a few days ago...

IcebergHunting10.jpg

IcebergHunting07.jpg

IcebergHunting08.jpg

IcebergHunting09.jpg

What was all that white stuff in the picture above? Did not look like sand.

Those photos are breath taking. I know when we live somwhere long engouh we have a tendency to take it for granted, but I love mountains, snow and big trees.

I know when we live somwhere long engouh we have a tendency to take it for granted

That's true...

Some people here take the rugged beauty of Newfoundland's coastline for granted, too, but I never cease to be amazed by it, and I was born and raised here.

:thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful pictures, both scenery as bike. Could be easily put in a Yamaha FZ1 brochure....

@ GraniteGray, what/where did you find/get that round bag?

Back