The Multigauge Order Thread

The time has finally come. Prototype testing is done, and I'm ready to make orders for boards, all the electronic components, and other hardware. If you want the Gauge of Eternal Coolness, post up here.

Cost will be $220. Delivery time will be 6-7 weeks after I get the first batch of orders in and processed through the various vendors I'll be working with.

My first order will be for either 50 or 100 boards. It will depend on how many people want them. Follow up orders will be in groups of 50. If in between a batch order, you decide you want one, it will be a special order and will cost more. There are economies of scale at work here; I can't do it for the same price in small quantities.

The Fine Print: (please read it)

No deposit required. I know, I said I would ask for a deposit. Then I changed my mind. I would like to avoid a situation where I have a lot of money from board members, and then something goes wrong. Not that I anticipate something going wrong. But if it does, I don't want to be holding anyone's cash while they are waiting for the problems to get fixed.

I'll be ordering all the hardware and paying the up-front costs myself. Yes, I know this involves considerable risk on several levels. I could make a mistake and end up with bad parts. I could order more than people will buy. etc. So I'm doing all I can to prevent those kinds of issues.

To that end: This is a serious deal. I'll be putting many thousands of dollars on the line. Please follow these simple rules:

1. If you want a Multigauge, just post here saying so.

2. If you are not sure, please do not post in this thread.

3. If you have a question about the Mulitgauge, either ask in the main thread or send me a PM. Don't ask questions here.

4. If you have a question about this order, or the terms, or anything else, send me a PM. Or post it in the other thread. If the question is relevant to the whole process, I will post it up here for everyone to see.

I mostly want to keep this thread simple so I can easily keep track of who has ordered and who has not, without going through page after page of other stuff. I'm trying to be as transparent about this process as I can, so that there is nothing going on that is not out in the open.

Thanks for your cooperation, and all the interest in the Multigauge.

Back