Three Sisters Ride

So Fred and I from the FZ6 site are thinking about riding the Leakey area next weekend; May 21 to 23. We'll get a cabin Friday and Saturday, probably D'Rose or Oak Hill Cabins, I've got calls in for availability. This will be totally informal, if ya wanna go you'll need to book your own reservations. Ride Saturday, cook Saturday night, maybe Friday, Lone Star Museum on Sunday. I've coordinated two of these before and I simply don't have the time to work out all of the details for this trip.

Next weekend is probably one of the last weekends before Hell arrives for the summer. Memorial Day will be HD madness and I want nothing to do with Leakey then.

Post up if interested.

Last edited:
I've been trying to do this for a couple weeks and something has gotten in the way both times. I'd love to ride - I was planning to stay in a house on Canyon Lake and ride to leakey Saturday morning. If I can work it out, maybe we can meet up somewhere and ride the sisters together.

That would be great. We usually roll out a about 10 to 11 am. It all depends on the weather. In the valley that Leakey sits in it has it's own weather and can be rainy while the rest of the state is dry!

I'll post more as things develop.

I've got a cabin for 8 at Oak Hill Cabins.

Oak Hill Cabins LLC in the Frio Canyon, Texas Hill Country

I'll be leaving Austin by about 6 or 6:30. It all depends on how fast I can pack and load up. So far it's just Fred and I. Come on up and have some fun!

Here's the last two years.

2008: Texas FZ6 Forum.com Three Sisters Campout Ride - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

2009: 2nd Annual FZ Forums Texas Campout Oct 9 - 11 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Back