Thundercat Foot Pegs

Gian T. Balls

I had been trying to get away from the rubber pegs. Although the stock pegs maybe better for vibration. For aggressive riding they are a little mushy.
I have already done the washer flip on the peg brackets, but between the mushy feel and dragging the pegs, I felt I needed something else.

First I tried the passenger pegs. This was an improvement, I still had the peg scraping problem and the ends were a little pointy. I knew it was just a matter of time before I hurt my leg banging ageist it. I also lost the springs so it was a bother when the peg was pushed up. Sometimes having to pull over to get the peg down.

I just tried on a pair of these very nicely made Foot Pegs from Thunder cat.
They are a two piece peg so you can adjust them, tilt only, to fit you’re riding style. Also being a little shorter, they are less prone to dragging in the corners.
Wider then the passenger pegs, they give the same feel as the stock peg while taking away the mushy-ness.
These pegs have, what I feel, just enough aggressive teeth to hold your foot firm on the peg. While still letting your foot move freely when you need to shift your boot and riding possession.

Fit and finish you ask? Well for the most part. These gems are very well CNC made. They do drop, every so slightly, just below level. I feel this is because they are selling the R1 pegs as fitting the FZ1 bikes also. So the spec for the hole is just a millimeter or two off. This give them a saggy look to them. But you do not feel it when riding.

Riding impressions. Very nice. Like I said before. They are wider, and give a good solid feel. Now my toe drags before the peg does. To tell the truth. I have not dragged these pegs at all yet, and believe me I have tried.

I’m very happy with these little fat pegs. At under $30 bucks they are in my option a great deal. You can find them on E bay.

Back