time has come for new bike!

sammysr

My Fz1 is getting older and lots of miles and hopefully i can get some ok money out of it considering what i paid for it. So ive been researching bikes a toooonnn lately and its come down to two. Either ducati's new 848 streetfighter or kawasaki's new z1000. Which do i choose:dontknow:

Have no experience with the Ducati, but have ridden the Kawasaki and I liked it a lot. The Ducati certainly looks nice, but will probably be more expensive to maintain in the long run...

If i had to choose and had only one bike to ride I'd choose the Kawasaki, but I guess that's just me being practical.

I do really like the 848 and the Z1000 is cool but I would take a Tuono or a Speed Triple over those two in a heartbeat

The Speed Triple sounds absolutely glorious and that plus the stance sells it for me

I've been drooling over the Streetfighter 1100 for the longest, however from what I hear. I will go broke in just maintaining the damn thing, not to mention the $19K MSRP on the Streetfighter S model :frown:

Monster oh yea!

Well I'm warning you now...she gets really hot so be very careful where you touch her :rofl:

The ol guy I bought my 08 from LOVES his new Monster 1100 (but has sellers remorse), "I wish I still had the FZ1."

After a tour of the Ducati factory in 2007, some riders in the parking lot said, "Expect to spend 20% more in repairs on an Italian bike."

But they ARE SO COOL.

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

Street fighter has a super aggresive riding position. Z1000 more similar to FZ ergos. I love the looks of both. In some reviews I've read z1000 engine rated higher than FZ gen2 engine. However, when riding on the highway from 80-130 I pulled my buddy easily.

Later that day I got bitch slapped by my other buddy's B-king 0-100.

I wouldn't agree that the z1000 and fz1 are similiar, I sat on the z1000 @ this years Verona Bike Expo and in comparison to the FZ1 the Z1000 has a less comfortable position, you are too close to the front....you can see the picture attached, and from my expression you can see what I personally think about that bike!

If you have money to buy a Ducati then maybe the Aprilia Tuono would be even better for you, because of spare parts, services and because it is a V4 engine that has been SBK World Champion, and the price difference is not that big. On the other hand the Ducati Streetfighter 848 comes from the 848 Sport bike, that hasn't much success over the past years, from what I heard the 848 engine is even more expensive to maintain and service than the old 1198 engine. Ducati had major issues with the 848 engine in the beginning and from what other drivers who own a 848 sportbike say they haven't fixed it yet.

On the other hand you have a V4 engine that is around for what? 3-4 years it think, that has been made better every year, and has proven that it has a winning attitude both on track both on the road, the mainenance is cheaper than the ducati for sure and in it's standard package it has better equipment than the ducati.......

But you are the one who is paying for the bike, and you will be the one who is driving it, so choose wisely!!!

Good Luck!!! :Rockon:

I know most people love the look of Ducati's, but I have never cared for them. I'm not a fan of the Ducati frame, the V-twin engine, the price or the unreasonable maintenance schedule. I guess, like the HD, :wtf: if you have to explain it, I just won't understand (don't get me wrong, I know Ducati's actually have power and handling and post 1950's technology, where HD's don't, but it's still and expensive piece of art that you ride. I just don't care for the art of either... sorry) :dontknow:

Personally, I think the Z1000 looks like it fell out of a weird alien spacecraft. I don't care for the styling and I really hate the instrument cluster. Strangely, I kinda like the Ninja 1000 and love it's instrument cluster.

If I could have any bike, I'd take the Tuono :yes: or maybe a Speed Triple as a distant second. (I still love you, FZ1)

I'm just spouting my opinion and I know you've done a lot of research, so back to your original question, Duc or Z... I'd take the Z all the way. (but my Z would have fairing and be called a Ninja)

Back