Tire Choice ???

well.. if you're sold on the bt016 ... just get the new S20 .. it's better in every way then the old bt016.

I have about 2k on them and they look like they can do 2x that easy.

+++++grip and confidence

I did 6181 kms on my fist S20 rear tyre.
Only street, no track days.

I recently wore out the stock Dunlops and after many opinions settled for Michelin Pilot Road 2's. Tried and proven, long wear and good price. Transformed the bike and my confidence level - miles ahead of the stock tyre. Lot's of good rubber out there - your choice. Cheers.

Same here, stock wore out at 4500 miles (cord showing) night and day compaired to the PR 2s. Pilot Road 2s hitting wear bars after some hard riding last weekend. they have 5500 on them. looking to go with Pilot Pure this go around. Plan for the weekend.... Order New and Abuse the Old.:smokin2::D

Depending on price difference I either get the pilot power or pp2. Have been very happy with michelin (bikes and cars).

stock tires didn't belong on a scooter... I know Dunlop makes some good tires but that experience tarnished their brand for me.

well.. if you're sold on the bt016 ... just get the new S20 .. it's better in every way then the old bt016.

I have about 2k on them and they look like they can do 2x that easy.

+++++grip and confidence

I can also vouch for the new Bridgestone S20. I'm running them on my naked FZ1 and they have plenty of grip.

Sent from my SG3

Hey guy's how about a few tire recommendations for me:woot
Thank you for any and all input.

Well .. Mister super .. or shall I call you googan ?
I'm living in the land of rain and cold (read: Sweden). I ride all year round when it's not snow outside. I actually rode on ice once but that's just because I hit some bad weather, and I thought "what the heck, this is going to be a lesson"

So my recommendation without blinking is Dunlop Roadsmart front, and Roadsmart II (2) back. The front will last you 10000-12000 km and the rear around 9000. They're grippy as hell, I've used them in heavy rain going STUPID fast, and they grip, and push water like magic. I've had the occasional slide in the rain, when giving too much throttle under lean, but the rear grips so good it never lets go completely, you have enough time to react. Quick warm-up also.

Well, I rode yesterday and it was cool and damp in many areas. I am running the Dunlop Q2 front and Roadsmart 2 rear and they were solid all day. The Diablo Corsa's on the Multistrada I test road provided a little slippage.

Well .. Mister super .. or shall I call you googan ?
I'm living in the land of rain and cold (read: Sweden). I ride all year round when it's not snow outside. I actually rode on ice once but that's just because I hit some bad weather, and I thought "what the heck, this is going to be a lesson"

So my recommendation without blinking is Dunlop Roadsmart front, and Roadsmart II (2) back. The front will last you 10000-12000 km and the rear around 9000. They're grippy as hell, I've used them in heavy rain going STUPID fast, and they grip, and push water like magic. I've had the occasional slide in the rain, when giving too much throttle under lean, but the rear grips so good it never lets go completely, you have enough time to react. Quick warm-up also.

Um.........thanks I guess :confused: If you read my original post, both performance in the rain and mileage were not one of my concerns at all.

I'm sure someone that DOES ride in the rain or IS concerned with mileage will find this very helpful. :)

Guy's I went with the Bridgestone 016's that I found for a great price.
Have not mounted them yet but will report back this Spring.

I'm running the BT016 pro's this time and they also have heaps of grip and seem to be wearing well.

I think I'm just a fan of Bridgestone tyres, even the stock ones that came with the bike worked well for me.

My bike came with Dunlop somethingorothers as OEM, wasn't particularly impressed with them. Replaced them with a set of PR2s, really liked them and got about 10,000km from the set, now wearing a set of PR3s and really liking them too.

Been using the 190/55 on the back for both PR2 & PR3.

Back