Too Cold To Slay The Dragon

I have plans to be down there for the last week of June, with the Dragon slated for Monday or Tuesday. It's one of the things that's getting through this cold snap that they're calling a Polar Vortex.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

I have plans to be down there for the last week of June, with the Dragon slated for Monday or Tuesday. It's one of the things that's getting through this cold snap that they're calling a Polar Vortex.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Winter is the best time to plan routes. Then when spring gets here you can go ride them all! :sport12:

That's too cold for me. I'm a fair weather rider. I admit it. That FJR looks sweet. I really want to add a new FJR with electronic suspension to my garage. I'd also trade my FZ1 for a new BMW S1000R (new naked one - single R). That's the only bike, other than the Aprilia Tuono V4, that has made me want to trade the FZ1.

I'll start a separate thread on it later as more details get worked out, but I've been invited on a ride in early Sept that will leave IL Sept 2, go through KY, include the Dragon and Northern GA and head home through Nashville and back to IL on Sept 9th. I assume we will hit the Dragon on the 3rd-4th (middle of the week, Wed-Thurs) and GA on Friday and Nashville on Sat.

I'm only a tag-along invite with a cruiser group (HD Road Glide, first gen V-Max and I'd guess a few others). They took this trip last year and I was unable to go. I won't be able to really dictate the route or times, but I'd do my best to say hi to some members if the timing and place works out. I've ridden with them before, and they ride as hard as the cruisers will allow. The guy with the Road Glide is the one I know best. He used to have a 2009 FZ1 in cobalt blue. His wife liked to ride on the back, but didn't like the FZ1's back seat. He traded it on a Yamaha Star Raider. His wife was happier, but not enough. He has since traded it for the HD Road Glide. His name is Bob. Bob insisted I ride the Raider and then the Road Glide. I was mildly surprised by both. I'd never own either, but they handled better than I would have expected.

Last edited:
One my good riding buddies rides a VStar and he hangs in tehre with us, but he has to ride that thang!

Sounds like a cool trip coming up. We are still kicking around ideas for Mancation 3 this year. No decisions yet.

Back