Track Day Tires

va_rider

Use this section for discussion about tires for track use as well as what type of tires work in different track conditions.

MEAN 1

^^
no prob's , i dont do track days . but if i did , i'd most likely get me a set of Michelin Pilot Power Race hoops ..

homsh

Pilot power 2cts or Pirelli DCIII's are nice (will run a fast intermediate pace) and dont need warmers. If you've got the $$ and warmers then super corsa pros or pilot races.

Track Day Tyres

Metzeler Racetec (road leagal race tyre) I run a K2 on the rear and a K0 on the front,they are dry tyres, they stick like crap to a blanket, warm up real fast and have sooooo much grip the only down side is I only get 800 to 1000 km pre set but hey I'm still alive and I call them cheap insurance!;)

Disco

We now carry the BT-003RS tires. These are great track tires. We also have the full blown 003 DOT race rubber and slicks!

oldtrout

I use dunlop qualifer RR s on my trackbike:sport12: they stick like s**t and a rear lasts 3 trackdays and the fronts last 5 have tried bridgestones and didn't like them let go with no warning also tried 2cts stuck well but slowed the steering down (i found harder to change direction)

B

Buildercher

Metzeler Racetec K3

Metzeler Racetec K3, stick like sh*t & no funny business. They last not to bad on the road, i will keep with the K3 but will go for the interacts next as they are the next generation K3 available. On track 30 front & 32 rear on the road 34 front & 38/39 rear.

AFM674

dunlop 211's exellent grip and crazy lean angles for a zx12r - downside rears last 3k if i'm lucky :p
You got 3000 miles out of race compound D211? I only got 1900 miles out of 211's and these were on a FZ1. And I was easy with the launches and tried to stay on the sides as much as I could riding on the street. My friend sold me these after running one full race day on them. He wrapped up his first championship in Open Production. He probably took a few hundred miles off them wrapping up the championship that day. D211's are the best,but need a lot of warming up on the street. I did manage to scrub off most of his cold tearing and cleaned them up pretty good. He sold them to me for $150.00 mounted & balanced on the bike...good deal, but I need to get the Q2's again...they lasted 5000 miles and stuck almost as good.

Mike, AFM#674