Trip To Fly Kitty Motorsports With Tony

Tony and I took a ride up near Woodstock, NY this morning to Fly Kitty Motorsports. After seeing the website for a few years now, I just had to get up there to see what may be one of the few 97' YZF's in Black and Silver. Yep!, he actually has one for sale! The morning started off with the roaring of a thousand pissed off bees as Tony brought the RZ500 with him for the trip! What can I say.......The sound and smell coming from the four exhaust pipes is absolutely thrilling if your a gearhead! The owner Pete, was an absolute gentleman, and even though he was tired from Trackday Duties yesterday at Pocono, let us look around and talked shop with us for over an hour. Here's some pics from today's trip. Video to follow after I take a nap. The 230 miles kicked my butt today. I guess I'm no spring chicken anymore!

Waiting for Tony to arrive in Jersey this morning.
IMG_1260_zps7abb1040.jpg

IMG_1262_zps1a360674.jpg

Tony arrived in style today. What a badazz ride!
IMG_1264_zpscb8b46ce.jpg

We arrived up there by 11:30am. What a nice shop!
IMG_1266_zps4143f169.jpg

Some of the many beautiful bikes for sale there at Fly Kitty Motorsports
IMG_1267_zps7e1b43be.jpg

We got to see another bike you'll never see again, a MINT GSXR400 from Japan. It was ridden once and drained of fluids and put on display. Unbelieveable!
IMG_1273_zpsdd7713e2.jpg

IMG_1274_zps2bee0d1a.jpg

The moment I was waiting for all week! His beautiful mint 97' YZF1000R!
IMG_1268_zps253b4687.jpg

I never thought I'd see another one in this condition! Absolutely Mint and bone stock with 18,000 miles on the clock!
IMG_1276_zps3253e8bc.jpg

IMG_1277_zps86d54110.jpg

IMG_1282_zps313937f8.jpg

I had to preserve this moment forever. It may never happen again!
IMG_1280_zpsa27c60ae.jpg

A limited edition Honda Goldwing with only 2,000 miles on it.
IMG_1283_zps861ed1e0.jpg

Tony and I had an awesome day riding together and getting to meet Pete. After speaking to him, I do believe a Trackday is definitely coming up soon for me this year. He is one of the coaches over at Team Pro Motion and made me a deal I can't pass up! If your looking for a quality ride, check out his website..... Welcome to Flykitty Motorsports! You'll see how anal he is with all the bikes he sells. And no, I'm not getting paid for saying that. I've seen his inventory first hand and all I can say is WOW! Video of Tony's RZ500 in action will be up soon. I have to take an "Old Farts" nap right about now! Thanks for looking!

Awesome! Why are you not wearing you fancy new boots? ;)

Good eye Brad. I didn't wear them because I forgot to adjust my gear shift lever yesterday, which I remembered this morning. I keep missing shifts with the boots on due to the way their shaped at the front. I'm going to move my lever down a 1/2" this week and you'll always see them from now on, promise!

Great stuff! I'll 2nd that!! Pete is a great guy with. His attention to detail is second to none. I've bought one bike from him before and I'd buy from him again.

Sweet stable for sale there and very cool to see those two YZF's parked with each other.

My bike is now out of service. ECU is sitting beside me on the table.... headed to Ivan tomorrow!

Johnny, I may have to wait for an October Saturday for my first. That Sunday is Englishtown and I never miss that and Monday I go back to work from Vacation. I will be out in PA that week prior to that weekend so plan at least one or two days to spend riding with Brian and me. I really want to do Route 125.

Eric, the turn around should be quick from him so no worries, you'll be back on the road with your new ECU in no time flat, smiling from ear to ear!

The good news Billy? I have another FZ1 in the stable to commute on.... The Purple Harley Eater! :D Michele doesn't go out and ride on her own so I have it for commuting while mine is down.

I'll have to keep this guy in mind if I'm on the hunt for a quality used bike. Looks like some sweet rides to mull over.

I had been wanting to take a ride to Fly Kitty for a long time. Pete always has some really nice bikes there and they are clean. He doesn't sell junk from what I see.

The RZ500 made the trip just fine. Although, I forgot to top off the 2-stroke oil reservoir before I left and the oil light came on :doh2: However, it wasn't that big a deal. I knew even when the light comes on there's still oil left for quite a few miles. I topped it off when i got to Fly Kitty. Took the whole liter so I'm good for a while.

Back