Trouble Starting

I have a 2011 fz1 and the previous owner had added a cig lighter to it but it kept draining the battery so I took it off. Everything was fine for a while until a couple days ago. I keep needing to jump start it with a battery pack. I had the battery tested and they said it was fine. Do yall have any idea why its not starting without being jumped? Btw it only has 3600 miles.

I'd try a new battery anyways, testing fine and being good enough to do the job.....it's a ~$100 stab at it.
If it's the stock battery that sucker is 10 years old. Wouldn't hurt to have a fresh one anyhows.

One of my fourwheelers was recently acting goofy as hell (gear indication hunting up and down range, cutting power everytime it thought it was in reverse even though it wasn't) , battery would fire it off just fine, but evidently wasn't enough for rest of electronics. New battery cured the gremlins and prevented me from spending money trouble shooting the gear indication switch. .

A 2011 with only an oil change in miles sounds sweet.

I'd try a new battery anyways, testing fine and being good enough to do the job.....it's a ~$100 stab at it.
If it's the stock battery that sucker is 10 years old. Wouldn't hurt to have a fresh one anyhows.

One of my fourwheelers was recently acting goofy as hell (gear indication hunting up and down range, cutting power everytime it thought it was in reverse even though it wasn't) , battery would fire it off just fine, but evidently wasn't enough for rest of electronics. New battery cured the gremlins and prevented me from spending money trouble shooting the gear indication switch. .

A 2011 with only an oil change in miles sounds sweet.
Thank you, but I just replaced the battery a couple months ago when I bought it

Any Luck yet?
I still vote new battery, jump starting off a battery pack making a difference over battery output just doesn't makes sense if the battery is up to full snuff.

I agree with DaveC. Get a new battery and make sure it's fully charged before installing it. I recommend a Shorai Lithium...

Back