Uneven rear pad wear

Good evening
Hope you all had a good Christmas!! .. does anyone else experience uneven rear brake pad wear , I keep having to replace the pads every couple of years as the outer one wear out (piston side ) although the inner one is still like new !! Last time I replaced them I changed the pins rubbers and sliders but still does it , there is no binding of the brake as everything is free ..
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced it ? I know i posted a similar thread about 4 years ago, but still having the same issue

Last edited:
I have not noticed this with my bike brakes, but it happened really bad with my old STI. If you changed the sliders it "should" wear evenly.... not sure why it is not. Have you changed the brake fluid?

I have not noticed this with my bike brakes, but it happened really bad with my old STI. If you changed the sliders it "should" wear evenly.... not sure why it is not. Have you changed the brake fluid?
Hi
Yes brake fluid recently changed, piston is free I can all but push it back with my thumbs, new sliders and rubber boots .. since I've done this the pads have lasted a lot longer ,however only 7k and the outer one is done , inner one still like new !!

I can only think that maybe the piston is sticking when warmed up making the pad bind slightly, then ok when cooled down again,, I'll give it another good clean and try and monitor it during a ride

Back