Vin /frame number data??

I've bought a 2012 registered FZ1N, but the dealer said its actually a 2011 model. Using the VIN/ Frame number how can I tell? Its not the 10th digit as someone said, and Ive tried various VIN checker sites but they dont recognise the number. It starts JYARN1650000..... any ideas???

I've bought a 2012 registered FZ1N, but the dealer said its actually a 2011 model. Using the VIN/ Frame number how can I tell? Its not the 10th digit as someone said, and Ive tried various VIN checker sites but they dont recognise the number. It starts JYARN1650000..... any ideas???

With a 17 digit VIN the 10th one indeed is the year of the bike...at least here in the US. Just remember that the 10th digit is not going to clearly state the year. Sometimes letters are used and other times numbers are used. Currently the letter C corresponds to the 2012 model year (so the letter A would correspond to the 2010 model).

My 08 model vin JYARN16428A------ so the 10th num 8 is the yr,but the A doesn`t correspond with any year that I can tell,are you sure you wrote your Vin number correctly if so I guess it`s a 2010 model

My 08 model vin JYARN16428A------ so the 10th num 8 is the yr,but the A doesn`t correspond with any year that I can tell,are you sure you wrote your Vin number correctly if so I guess it`s a 2010 model

I definately wrote it down correctly, and you are right it is a 2010 model. I phoned Yamaha UK Technical dept and gave him the number which they confirmed is a 2010.
Thanks for your reply :smokin2:

Back