What did you do to your FZ today?

Recently did a bunch of stuff:
  • New OEM grips / throttle tube
  • Lubed the the clutch and throttle cables (throttle now correctly snaps back when released)
  • Oil change
  • Coolant change
  • New spark plugs and coils (fixed the stuttering at idle and 1st gear when engined is warmed up)
  • New bar ends
  • New rear master brake cylinder (the dust boot was torn on old one and a new dust boot cost ore than a chinesium full replacement unit)
  • New rear brake pads
  • New Vortex chain and sprocket set (old chain was stretched and caused the bike to shake at low-ish speeds). Is buttery smooth now!
  • Removed EXUP servo and installed Ebay servo eliminator (worked) - bike came with a Two Bros slip-on
  • Replaced OE kinked fuel line with rubber fuel hose
Bike is a 2007 w/34k miles and feels like a brand new bike. Only problem is, rear brakes don't feel great and I've bled them several times (no bubbles). Not sure what the issue could be. The chinesium rear master cylinder I put on looks pretty much identical to the OEM one I removed, and does not leak or anything. Any ideas?

Bike is a 2007 w/34k miles and feels like a brand new bike. Only problem is, rear brakes don't feel great and I've bled them several times (no bubbles). Not sure what the issue could be. The chinesium rear master cylinder I put on looks pretty much identical to the OEM one I removed, and does not leak or anything. Any ideas?

I had some issues with my Gen 1 rear brake. It was really spongy. I did a fluid transfer and the problem stayed. I had to adjust the brake lever plunger adjustment and now it is fine.

Back