What tensile strength chain for second gen?

Hello everyone. New here and cant find an answer online anywhere so i thought id throw up a post. Looking for a new chain for my 2010. Have been looking at a few and am wondering how much tensile strength is enough. The one I was looking at is an rk o ring chain with 9000 lbs tensile strength. It says on the package that its good for up to 900cc street bikes. The other one I was looking at was a DID that had 9700 pounds strength. Id rather get the rk 9000 pound one as it comes in gold but if its not enough then il get something else. Any help would be apprenticed. Im not into wheelies or anything but I do love to crank her through the twisties.

My only experience has been with my F4i when I went down to a 520 chain to save a bit of weight. When researching, I was able to find HP ratings which is a more accurate way of choosing rather by CC, to my mind at least. If you can't find that, you might try contacting the company to get their take...

Hello everyone. New here and cant find an answer online anywhere so i thought id throw up a post. Looking for a new chain for my 2010. Have been looking at a few and am wondering how much tensile strength is enough. The one I was looking at is an rk o ring chain with 9000 lbs tensile strength. It says on the package that its good for up to 900cc street bikes. The other one I was looking at was a DID that had 9700 pounds strength. Id rather get the rk 9000 pound one as it comes in gold but if its not enough then il get something else. Any help would be apprenticed. Im not into wheelies or anything but I do love to crank her through the twisties.
I'd be pretty surprised if any of the reputable 530 chains aren't strong enough for the FZ1.

Back