What's My Crashed 2008 FZ1 Worth?

I crashed my beloved FZ1 earlier this year. A truck pulled out in front of me and I plowed into the side of it at about 50 MPH. I broke my left leg (femur) and shattered my knee. Anyway, I just received a [low] settlement for the bike, and they let me keep the bike. Here are the details:

- Front forks are bent badly, but the frame itself looks fine.
- All front controls are trashed.
- Fuel tank is dented and scuffed, but no leaks.
- Front tire touched the headers, but I don't see any damage to the pipes. It's a full Two Brothers exhaust with cat delete and tune.
- Frame sliders protected the frame and engine from damage.
- Bike turns on and turns over just fine, but doesn't start. Front damaged electronics may be preventing starting. Fuel in tank, but showing zero.
- New battery
- New generator rotor flywheel

This bike was a rocket. I'm gonna miss it.

I need $1,500 to break even on my investment in the bike. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG
    873.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image_50399489.JPG
    image_50399489.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • image_50457345.JPG
    image_50457345.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • image_50725633.JPG
    image_50725633.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
It will be tough but you could probably get that much out of it over time by parting it out. The engine and frame alone could easily bring $1500...

Post up here in the classifieds and maybe on that "other" fz1 forum and Craigslist as well...

I've made a lot over the years parting things on Ebay, but I don't use them anymore because of the fees...

Sorry about your bike and good luck with whatever you decide...

It will be tough but you could probably get that much out of it over time by parting it out. The engine and frame alone could easily bring $1500...

Post up here in the classifieds and maybe on that "other" fz1 forum and Craigslist as well...

I've made a lot over the years parting things on Ebay, but I don't use them anymore because of the fees...

Sorry about your bike and good luck with whatever you decide...
Likely the neck is bent. Part it out, but the frame will get salvage title.

I crashed my beloved FZ1 earlier this year. A truck pulled out in front of me and I plowed into the side of it at about 50 MPH. I broke my left leg (femur) and shattered my knee. Anyway, I just received a [low] settlement for the bike, and they let me keep the bike. Here are the details:

- Front forks are bent badly, but the frame itself looks fine.
- All front controls are trashed.
- Fuel tank is dented and scuffed, but no leaks.
- Front tire touched the headers, but I don't see any damage to the pipes. It's a full Two Brothers exhaust with cat delete and tune.
- Frame sliders protected the frame and engine from damage.
- Bike turns on and turns over just fine, but doesn't start. Front damaged electronics may be preventing starting. Fuel in tank, but showing zero.
- New battery
- New generator rotor flywheel

This bike was a rocket. I'm gonna miss it.

I need $1,500 to break even on my investment in the bike. What do y'all think?
Do you still have any parts? I'm looking for the Tail fairing with the Grab Handles.

Back