Wheel Chocks

Pyrogenic and I are going in on one of those folding Harbor Freight trailers. Can anyone recommend a wheel chock that can be bolted to the plywood decking? Best bang for the busk kind of thing.

Also, where is a good website to look for flush fisheyes that I can install in the decking? Not sure if "fisheye" is the proper term. Basically need the rings that we can attache our ratcheted tiedowns to. I want the ones that fold down so as to not interfere with hauling other non-motocycle cargo.

Thanks in advance!

Also Brad, I bought these tie-downs from Home Depot. Reason? They have spring loaded releases at both ends so a large bump will not dislodge a hook from the anchor point. 8 ft. x 1.25 In. x 1,000 lbs. Motorcycle/ATV Ratchet 2 Pack - 05741 at The Home Depot

Also, the ratchet end can loop back and lock onto the D ring near the handle thus creating its own soft-tie keeping metal from damaging the bike. :tup: I LOVE these!!

Decisions decisions! I do like the locking aspect of that chock. Considering we have three people that will share this trailer (one without a motorcycle) the removable chock looks good to keep it easily multi-purpose.

I have some ratcheted tie downs but not with that spring loaded safety clip. I use straps like below on the bars usually which helps to prevent them sliping off like when you just try to wrap the hook from the strap around the bar. Regardless I may go ahead and pick some of those up! Thanks.

View attachment 5099

I just place my Baxley Sport chock directly on the deck of the trailer with no issues at all. I used two tie downs on the front of the bike, and two from the rear.

The cool thing, is once I get to where I'm going I now have a chock to park the bike with.

Baxley is the best chock you can buy, btw...:Rockon:

Baxley Trailer Sport Chock

I'm with Pete, I use my Baxley Sport Chock as well, and move it from a trailer to a truck and then right down to hold the bike when I'm off it.

I didn't follow the link which might be to the same thing, but I know I've used Pingel Pop-Chocks and had great success with them in my utility trailer when carrying several bikes.

If money were not an issue, I agree the Baxley is the best product I've used but it isn't cheap. The best thing for me about the Baxley is that there can be little compression on the front forks after tying it down because of the tie-downs in the rear doing most of the work.

The Pingel's were great for simple transport and you can just take them out and retain the use of your trailer when not transporting bikes. I did find myself putting more compression on the forks with the Pingels than the Baxley just because in my head I wanted to make sure they didn't move.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide.

Edit: I found some shots with the Baxley Sport Chock holding the bike as well as it holding the Ninja 250 in the truck, so you can see it. Hope they came out okay.

Attachments

• P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I totally agree that Baxley is the clear cut choice, but not for the budget-minded and since Brad said "best bang for the buck" I gave him a known-working best-bang solution. ;) If I could afford it, it would be the whole darned Baxley two-place trailer FTW! :tup: I'd LOVE to have that beast!

ST002%20tilted2.jpg

Last edited:
watermark.php

Same as Earlzach and here is a shot after they were mounted. I will admit that the finish on them isn't the best but that can be remedied with some powder coating. At some point about 3 - 5 years away, I see myself buying the Baxley trailer and being done with it! :D

I totally agree that Baxley is the clear cut choice, but not for the budget-minded and since Brad said "best bang for the buck" I gave him a known-working best-bang solution. ;) If I could afford it, it would be the whole darned Baxley two-place trailer FTW! :tup: I'd LOVE to have that beast!

ST002%20tilted2.jpg

Oh I agree. The reason I suggested the Baxley is you don't need to bolt it down at all. Also I really like the way the chock supports the bike.

Man those Baxley ones are awesome! I might have to wait until next years bonus for one that nice though! Like that trailer too!

Last edited:
Back