Where is Everybody???

I figured that since Winter was here, that the activity here would pick up a little.:(

I don't know what to say, if they are down south or on the left coast, they are still probably riding..... Weather has finally moved here in the "Land of Mayana" and I've finally been able to do some of the work on my bike, and finding more things to do in the process.

BroHay

bloody winter all round here we get about two weeks sunshine and not when were on vacation and even when we have a nice day it will rain at some point darn british weather:(

It's definitely winter in northern Michigan. After about five weeks of snow we got one heck of a bout of rain and fog like I've never seen it in winter. I drove from Gaylord to Lansing (170 miles) to pick up my new FZ. Then I drove 60 miles to my daughter's house to drop off my dog (she dog sits for us while we're away) then I drove 200 miles back home. All in fog thick as pool room smoke. I left at 8:00 a.m and got back home at 6:30 p.m. Altogether about 450 miles just for a bike. That must be why some people say I'm twitched.

Tuesday we leave for Gulf Shores, AL for a couple months on the gulf and hopefully I'll get some riding in. Last year I knocked off about three grand while I was down there. If any of you, out there, are anywhere around gulf Shores, send me a p.m. Last year I didn't see many sport bike riders down there, mostly Harley riders.

Cleveland Winter

2 days ago it was 63 degrees here in Cleveland. Saw a few bikes out on the road, but didn't get mine out. Roads are still dirty with salt. Sure was tempting though. Soon as March comes around I'll be back on the road.

Went to the local coffe bar yesterday good few bikes there but i think im goin to av another look at admin's thread to winter gloves before my fingers fall off !!!!:)

I was able to get out and take the bike to work today which was pretty cool. Temps were at about 46 degrees here in NY. I left for work a half hour earlier than normal in order to take a spin. Tomorrow looks good as well. Not sure about Wednesday. Looks like an Alberta Clipper is coming down with some cold temps. Winter Sucks. Spring can't come fast enough.

I was able to get out and take the bike to work today which was pretty cool. Temps were at about 46 degrees here in NY. I left for work a half hour earlier than normal in order to take a spin. Tomorrow looks good as well. Not sure about Wednesday. Looks like an Alberta Clipper is coming down with some cold temps. Winter Sucks. Spring can't come fast enough.

Amen to that. :)

Well, Last week it was pourly rain, had to take my old car to work. that didn't do good to it, bludy traffic jams all over. Here when it rains people "forget" how to drive and soon the road become caos.

But on Saturday (After a week off the bike, my hands started to shake) I had a couple of hours free. With no second thought got on the bike and went to ride. the roads were mildly with cars so It was a wonderfull drive.

Finished a full tank in one hour ride :rolleyes:

Finished a full tank in one hour ride :rolleyes:

Wait, Let me calculate this???? If you were really hammering it and averaged only 200 miles on a tank of gas, That means you were averaging 3.33 miles every minute, which means you were covering every mile in just over 18 seconds!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats Warp Speed!! Slow down man, your gonna hurt yourself!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We are unfortunately experiencing wet snow right now in NY so it's a "no go" on riding today. It figures! I have two days off in a row for the holidays and I'll be stuck watching TV.

The last few days here in the south San Francisco Bay area have been pretty good and allowed me to take a few rides. I'm still learning my bike and how it reacts to different road junk.

Wait, Let me calculate this???? If you were really hammering it and averaged only 200 miles on a tank of gas, That means you were averaging 3.33 miles every minute, which means you were covering every mile in just over 18 seconds!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats Warp Speed!! Slow down man, your gonna hurt yourself!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We are unfortunately experiencing wet snow right now in NY so it's a \"no go\" on riding today. It figures! I have two days off in a row for the holidays and I'll be stuck watching TV.

Thanks for the concern mate ;). As I said there were hardly boxes on the road and there is a clear view to look if there is a cop far ahead.

Back