Which 530 chain?

I'm starting to see the tell tale red marks in my chain, so I need some recommendations for a new chain.

I want to stick with the stock 530 pitch and was thinking about going an EK ZZZ? Overkill?

Any other recommendations? I'm going to need at least 124 links as I will be running -1 +2 gearing.

Any places that have specials would be nice too.

John, I love the RK brand of chains. X-Ring technology and very low stretch and great wear. I have had them on my last three bikes and never had any issues.

Hit this link. Not sure why it comes up access denied but it works. Access Denied

Last edited:
I have been using DID chains, and they seem to hold up well. I recently replaced the chain on the FZ1 and went with a DID 530 ZVMX Super Street Series X'ring Sealed Chain from Sprocket Center.

Here's a link for the chain on their site. It appears that the 124 link would run you $190 US$ from them, and about $65 shipping via USPS. I'm not sure if that would be the best deal for you (I imagine you could find the same chain cheaper locally), but the guy I talked to there was helpful and courteous, and they shipped the chain out fast.

DID 530 ZVMX Super Street Series X'ring Sealed Chain

I've used a few different brands and always have the best experience with DID. That said, the RK that was put on my bike by the original owner now has 29,000 km on it (18,000 miles) and I've had to adjust it 3 times so I'm pretty pleased with it as well

I have been using DID chains, and they seem to hold up well. I recently replaced the chain on the FZ1 and went with a DID 530 ZVMX Super Street Series X'ring Sealed Chain from Sprocket Center.

Here's a link for the chain on their site. It appears that the 124 link would run you $190 US$ from them, and about $65 shipping via USPS. I'm not sure if that would be the best deal for you (I imagine you could find the same chain cheaper locally), but the guy I talked to there was helpful and courteous, and they shipped the chain out fast.

DID 530 ZVMX Super Street Series X'ring Sealed Chain

that's the chain I bought.....works well and looks a lot better then the bland stock chain.

Once I need a chain I'll swap over to a gold one, probably the DID, but whichever I can get a better deal on. I'd love to run with a black sprocket, but I don't want aluminum. They wear out way too quick in my experience with one on my old Gen 1. My Gen II has at least 25-30 HP on my old bike.

I got close to 30,000 miles on the stock chain with less than stellar maintainence. Got a stock chain for $128 at Parts Pit Stop along with new stock sprockets for $65. Can't beat that with a 10 ft. stick.

Last edited:
I've been doing a bit of researching and I think I'll go with a 124 link DID VX 530 chain and a 49T Superlight RS7 steel rear sprocket.

I'll need a riveting tool, so the Motion Pro PBR chain breaker & riveting tool looks the goods.

The shipping to Australia for all of them is $65 from Sprocketcenter.com so that's not a bad deal.

I'll probably wait until black Friday to see if any further discounts apply.

Thanks for all the replies so far, keep them coming as I couldn't find any similar threads when using the search function.

I'm currently running -1 +2 which is similar to adding 5 teeth onto the rear, so it will be a small step back to +4.

I'll be keeping the front sprocket stock 17t this time.

And yes the bike accelerates pretty hard :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been doing a bit of researching and I think I'll go with a 124 link DID VX 530 chain and a 49T Superlight RS7 steel rear sprocket.

I'll need a riveting tool, so the Motion Pro PBR chain breaker & riveting tool looks the goods.

The shipping to Australia for all of them is $65 from Sprocketcenter.com so that's not a bad deal.

I'll probably wait until black Friday to see if any further discounts apply.

Thanks for all the replies so far, keep them coming as I couldn't find any similar threads when using the search function.

Hard to go past DID chain

Back