Which lower cowl????

Greek Cowl Ordered!

Well, I don't think the first one looks like a smiling clown with bad teeth :D!!! Actually, I still kinda like it but I think the second one looks better for the FZ. I ordered it today, now for the 2-4 week wait!! Uuurrrgggg!! and hopefully, the Greek economic issues won't impact my order.

Thanx to all that responded. The pix did help me decide.

Last edited:
What was the final USD cost after the exchange rate? Now is the time to buy from anyplace dealing in Euros for U.S.!

Since the ebay price was listed in US$ and my paypal was charged $147.18, I assume the seller got the advantage of the current exchange rate, but that's OK, $147 is a fair deal for me too. (Unless paypal does a future adjustment)

Since the ebay price was listed in US$ and my paypal was charged $147.18, I assume the seller got the advantage of the current exchange rate, but that's OK, $147 is a fair deal for me too. (Unless paypal does a future adjustment)

That does sound like a fair deal and no there wont be a future adjustment. They go by whatever the exchange rate that they have is at the time of purchase.

wow looks nice....I wish I could find one for mine,,but no one seems to make one for the 2012 fz1......
great look on that second one though!
They will fit your bike. I ended up painting the center piece of the second one with plastidip as it was getting sand blasted after 10,000km

which bike do you have? i emailed the company and they said it would fit a 2012 fz1 (but not the n or s model).....now i think i have the s model maybe (because it has the duel headlight and partial front fairing)....any help would be appreciated....

thanks for your time

which bike do you have? i emailed the company and they said it would fit a 2012 fz1 (but not the n or s model).....now i think i have the s model maybe (because it has the duel headlight and partial front fairing)....any help would be appreciated....

thanks for your time

The 2006 to 2013 are the same except for ecu adjustments and minor suspension changes.

The FZ1N is the naked version while the FZ1S is the semi-fared version.
Where the belly pan fits, it's exactly the same.

Now, if you have an ABS model then it might not fit as Yamaha made a different one for the ABS model.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Last edited:
What Ballmead said. I think the abs model has a unit down by the right foot peg that would foul some lower pans. You have the S model. I don't think that abs is an option in the States.

Does the lower cowl provide any benefits other than looks to a street machine?

I'm asking because it doesn't look like it helps but will add weight, make oil changes difficult and add another place for dirt to accumulate.

Does the lower cowl provide any benefits other than looks to a street machine?

I'm asking because it doesn't look like it helps but will add weight, make oil changes difficult and add another place for dirt to accumulate.

All of the above but it looks cool

The oil change requires you to unbolt the plastic cover but it's only 4 screws and takes an extra 2 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Last edited:
Back