White German Shepherds

So if any of you are thinking of getting a new dog and have this idea to get a white shepherd. DON'T DO IT!
They are too damn smart for their own good, and extremely high maintenance.
They need constant exercise and stimulation or they start getting into mischief.
We had to change the kind of crate shes in because she can open a metal one.
She learned how to open the latch on the dog food container and help herself.
She can open a standard door knob
She watched and learned how to operate the foot pedal on the garbage can so she will come in and go check the can for anything she may be able to cause trouble with.
I had to build a cage around the cat table downstairs because she would climb anything possible to get up there and eat cat food.
Most of all they know damn well they'll get in trouble for it but will do it anyway because of the excitement.

Hmmm. I like my furry friends with lots of personality, so some of these traits sound positive to me. I had a black lab mix that could climb chainlink fence - I think she had some husky in her.

My Nebelung cat can open cupboard doors, rattles the food dish when it's not sufficiently full, and sits on the neighbour's window ledge and spies on them. I'm not looking forward to the day she figures out how to turn on the tap to get a drink of water, because I know she won't turn it off afterward...

and they live for about 16-20 years... they just keep going...
mine passed a year or two back, she was the same

View attachment 22874

If mine keeps up she won't live that long. lol.
She loves to come up and belch in your face and uses her nose for everything from telling you she wants out to waking you up if she wants attention.

Hmmm. I like my furry friends with lots of personality, so some of these traits sound positive to me. I had a black lab mix that could climb chainlink fence - I think she had some husky in her.

My Nebelung cat can open cupboard doors, rattles the food dish when it's not sufficiently full, and sits on the neighbour's window ledge and spies on them. I'm not looking forward to the day she figures out how to turn on the tap to get a drink of water, because I know she won't turn it off afterward...

I got a CAT Diesel he opens cupboard doors all the time, he'll open the bathroom vanity door and pull out the drawers.
The kid has an auto closer on her bedroom door since it opens into the middle of the living room and he opens that all the time too. Plus he looooves candy, especially dum-dums. I caught him in the drinking glasses cabinet one day, one paw in each of 4 different cups, looking for the candy bowl I hid from him.

I thought my akita "talking" was annoying. She solved the food container problem by eating the latch. I can not cool Mac n cheese on the counter either...she LOVES Mac n cheese, drinks hot tea but not coffee.

I have a Siberian Husky also, he loves to talk. We nicknamed him wookie cuz he sounds like Chewbacca.
My shepherd also ate the latch on the food container. We now have one with a spin on top, she hasn't solved that puzzle yet.

Back