Wiring diagram 05 gen 1

Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for the above?
I want to put my 05 over the pits, for which it needs to be legal.
I have removed the fairing (damaged) and fitted a cx500 headlight and indicators. All working well.
Now it won't start 😒

What have you tried?

Did you disconnect the battery before rewiring the headlight?

Pretty common to pop a fuse when you're experimenting with the battery connected.

Tried everything I can think of, I had the battery out of the old girl. The correct yb14 from my local yammie shop doesn't fit.
There's nothing else I can think of, all the lights work, the dash is happy. Disabling or enabling clutch start switch has no effect either. The wiring was badly botched by the thieves, but, it ran beautifully, she's had several good thrashings around our industrial suburb.
Might be time for a beer and some rumination.

So when you turn the key on the normal dash indications are present, but when you hit the starter nothing happens?

Does the power drop when you hit the starter? If so, the starter is attempting to turn the bike over... so you'd be looking to figure out why there's enough power for lights but not enough to turn the engine. Could be mechanical or power related.

Does nothing happen at all when you hit the starter? If so, there is potentially a problem with the control system for the starter... so you'll be looking to figure out why the bike isn't asking the starter or the starter relay to activate. I'd start by checking if you can feel/hear the starter relay click when you thumb the starter button. If so, I'd go for the starter or its associated fuse. If not, it's a control/interlock problem.

Some Yamahas run a combined start lockout and flasher relay. When it plays up, it can make the clutch/side stand interlocks inoperable. It can also make the neutral light play up. It was a common relay in R1s and R6s. You can usually google the relay part number to get the details. I don't know enough about the GEN1s to help here, though.

Does your bike model have an immobiliser? If so the light should flash. If the light on the dash doesn't flash a couple of times every minute, it could be the immobiliser doesn't have power (they typically need to give the bike permission to start). Some bikes and cars will allow the engine to turn over but not fire, others just don't let the starter activate.

Ultimately, you (or the thieves) may have caused an earth problem during the repairs or the new lighting. But don't focus tightly on that, my WRF had a charging issue which I thought was related to my own work, I spent a day pulling the loom apart to verify my work and in the end the stator had dropped one of the coils to earth.. which I identified quickly once I checked it, but I railroaded myself into thinking the problem was my own work.

Back