Wonder what Claiming Rule Teams(CRT) is all about?

To me it's a last ditch effort to try and keep MotoGP alive. Now that WSB and MotoGP are both back to 1000cc bikes for the top class a merger seems like the only thing that will save the sport because the CRT teams wont...

It's like putting ARCA cars on the same track with Sprint Cup cars. What do you think would happen? You'll see the same thing happen here, and you all know that the "danger factor" rises immensley when you on only two wheels!

It's like putting ARCA cars on the same track with Sprint Cup cars. What do you think would happen? You'll see the same thing happen here, and you all know that the "danger factor" rises immensley when you on only two wheels!

I agree. They are just trying to fill the grid, but those CTR riders are going to be significantly off the pace. I would imagine that they could start to get lapped toward the end of the race.

And it's not to say that these riders aren't competent enough, you can't say anything bad about Colin, but their hands are tied. I, myself, wouldn't want to be one of those guys out on the track, being in Spies, Stoner or Lorenzo's way when it comes down to winning or losing. Either give these teams the ECU's and corresponding electronics to be competitive or just end it! I'd much rather watch 12 quality bikes than a mix of 20 or more mediocre rides getting in each other's way!

I agree. They are just trying to fill the grid, but those CTR riders are going to be significantly off the pace. I would imagine that they could start to get lapped toward the end of the race.

....lapped a few times in a single race if they ar 8-9 seconds off the leaders.. It is a recipe for disaster.

short answer: It won't.

I agree with him- you either watch the big 3 battle it out, merge the major series, or you nerf the ECU to give everyone a fair shot. Simple as that.

Personally, I vote for option 3 as I would rather see riders win races than bikes, but option 2 is ok with me also. Really, it's just option 1 that I find boring, and that's why I barely watch motoGP anymore.

short answer: It won't.

I agree with him- you either watch the big 3 battle it out, merge the major series, or you nerf the ECU to give everyone a fair shot. Simple as that.

Personally, I vote for option 3 as I would rather see riders win races than bikes, but option 2 is ok with me also. Really, it's just option 1 that I find boring, and that's why I barely watch motoGP anymore.

I stopped watching it (MotoGP) when the 500cc two-strokes went away. Now I might catch a race here and there, but it's mostly by accident...lol

I watch. Enjoy it. It will be interesting to see if the ECU's continue to be withheld from the CRT bikes. It seems quite obvious that they can't really compete as is.....

not into watching any kind of racing on the boob-tube. hell i do not even own a tv.
would rather be there.
but i work weekends and the races are held a long ways from were i live.
but to see the same short numbers every race. is a lost cause.
i say do number three and ALL bikes and teams have the same computer and software in there bikes this levels the field and proves who is the better rider.

not into watching any kind of racing on the boob-tube. hell i do not even own a tv.
would rather be there.
but i work weekends and the races are held a long ways from were i live.
but to see the same short numbers every race. is a lost cause.
i say do number three and ALL bikes and teams have the same computer and software in there bikes this levels the field and proves who is the better rider.

If I actually believed MotoGP cared about this, I would still watch. However, I really don't think they give a shit about who's the better rider- it's about who has the better bike. It's basically all a marketing expense for the big 3.

Until that focus shifts, I don't think I'll watching anytime soon.

For Now.... CRT has but one real purpose: Keep the in-house spectators from falling asleep while waiting for the lead, and mid-pack, to come around. It's about that simple. May lead to a few guys proving themselves and advancing on to satellite teams..... maybe it will provide that transitional phase for guys fresh out of Moto2 to get their feet wet. If things keep going south economically, well we could see the series slowly become ALL CRT, but who knows. As is, there hasn't been anyone getting lapped like crazy, heck Edwards was more or less in the game on the Suter. They have to have bikes out there, all there is to it. CRT aside, things could start to look up again in MotoGP as Audi has bought Ducati and a better bike is sure to come. Suzuki is also testing a 1000 for racing next year... so it may come down to CRT being a way to keep the ship afloat for now (until things improve all around) but for now it's a good thing IMO.

And speaking of Colin, please man, go race World Superbike again!!!! Dude is better than the machinery he's currently on.

Back