Yamaha FZ1 Upgrades - FZ1 Flyer | This Old Bike

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes, things can come back to haunt you years down the road. Case in point: In our road test of the original Yamaha FZ1, Kento wrote in his SRO "Cool. When I get old , jus' gimme an FZ1, some soft luggage and I'm set." Now, 10 years later, Kent often moans about how old he feels and here is an FZ1 for him.

More...

Lonerider59

This is a good example of how good a bike the FZ1 really is. Kind of like having an old Shelby Mustang. They may not be as quick or fast as the latest and greatest, but they are still a very strong machine and when kept in good and original condition, they will get a lot of looks and attention while keeping a big smile on the owner's face. What will we be saying in another decade?

theWolfTamer

Hopefully we'll all be like Denise closing in on 200k miles and talking about how great her bike still runs and how little trouble she's had with it.

LB's FZ1

I was SO EXCITED to see this article a few weeks ago. I was happy to see that my FZ1's previous owner made several of the same upgrades. I'd love to see 100k + on mine.

Whose Denise???

bbq

This is a good example of how good a bike the FZ1 really is. Kind of like having an old Shelby Mustang. They may not be as quick or fast as the latest and greatest, but they are still a very strong machine and when kept in good and original condition, they will get a lot of looks and attention while keeping a big smile on the owner's face. What will we be saying in another decade?

You'll be saying something about what a chore it is to keep under triple-digit speeds on open roads... ;^)

Sparepartz

Sometimes, things can come back to haunt you years down the road. Case in point: In our road test of the original Yamaha FZ1, Kento wrote in his SRO "Cool. When I get old , jus' gimme an FZ1, some soft luggage and I'm set." Now, 10 years later, Kent often moans about how old he feels and here is an FZ1 for him.

More...
When I was a younger man every year or so there would be a different bike in the garage. I purchased my FZ1 gen2 about 10 years ago and found my perfect bike. We are now growing old together. Will be 70 in couple months and my FZ1 is the best therapy an old coot could have.

Sparepartz

More...
When I was a younger man every year or so there would be a different bike in the garage. I purchased my FZ1 gen2 about 10 years ago and found my perfect bike. We are now growing old together. Will be 70 in couple months and my FZ1 is the best therapy an old coot could have.