YZF1000 Build Has Started!

NJFZ1

Well my '97 YZF1000 will soon start to look like a real bike again! Today I got an email from Ohlins that my rear shock is on its way back (after being serviced and correctly sprung for my weight) and should be here Wednesday. Already got the front Ohlins fork springs sitting here so this upcoming weekend I'll be putting the forks back together and onto the bike. Current state of affairs :(

IMG_1053.jpg

Well my '97 YZF1000 will soon start to look like a real bike again! Today I got an email from Ohlins that my rear shock is on its way back (after being serviced and correctly sprung for my weight) and should be here Wednesday. Already got the front Ohlins fork springs sitting here so this upcoming weekend I'll be putting the forks back together and onto the bike. Current state of affairs :(

IMG_1053.jpg

Well, this weekend if you want an extra pair of hands, just let me know and I'll come over and give you a helping hand.:tup:

Well, this weekend if you want an extra pair of hands, just let me know and I'll come over and give you a helping hand.:tup:

Will do...first lets make sure it's not riding weather on Sunday ;) Although I should forgo riding and really concentrate on getting the bike finished or it will never happen.

Will do...first lets make sure it's not riding weather on Sunday ;) Although I should forgo riding and really concentrate on getting the bike finished or it will never happen.

I won't be riding Sunday, but if the parts get here before then, I can always bring the fork with me and get that done too. Just let me know what time and I'm there! I'll drive out to you by car.

Some teaser pics :D Powder coated wheels, Galfer wave rotors and black ceramic coated header ;)

Only a true, dedicated motorcycle enthusiast would put a set of wheels on a leather sofa to take a picture. Well done!:tup::tup:

I love the look of the wavy rotor....someday.

Only a true, dedicated motorcycle enthusiast would put a set of wheels on a leather sofa to take a picture. Well done!:tup::tup:

I love the look of the wavy rotor....someday.

Hey at that point they had just just come back from the powder coater so they were squeaky clean. I thought I would get a nice contrast with the white wheels on the black sofa ;). As for the rotors they were an eBay "steal". Like new, from an early R1 (same rotor as YZF) for $150. Couldn't pass up that deal!

Excuse me while I sit back and drool.... you're yzf would be soaked at this time... ;)

After I get this one paid, I'm on the hunt for a good project bike! Tony, Michele is going to dislike you soon. :laugh2:

Excuse me while I sit back and drool.... you're yzf would be soaked at this time... ;)

After I get this one paid, I'm on the hunt for a good project bike! Tony, Michele is going to dislike you soon. :laugh2:

Yea, she might slam the door in my face next time I show up at your house :D or even worse I might get one of these :spank2:
Oh and just wait until I post pics of the Ohlins stuff tomorrow ;)

Back