Zady5 Throttle Snatch Method

Zady5 and Diblert....Been reading this thread and hope to try this method out. I have already got the Fuel Cut taken care of by flashing but I still have the throttle snatch issue and I have sync throttles, adjusted TPs to 20 from 16 but no full elimination. Give me couple of days and I will post here on how it goes. Cheers from California

Throttle snatch fixed for good

The problem with this bike, is the ECU Maps used by Denso.
It's unlike any normal tuning strategy they use.
From factory the bike uses Air Density to control the closed loop 2% to 18% throttle position in the form of the IMAP(intake mass air pressure sensor) and the o2 sensor.(This is where our throttle snatch issue is)
Even if you disconnect the o2 sensor and run a o2 eliminator, the ECU will still be using the IMAP to control 2% to 18% throttle.
Under different load conditions at these throttle openings the bike adjusts it fuel and spark maps accordingly via IMAP
You cannot get around this. Even if you use a PowerCommander, the ECU will always fight the PowerCommander in the closed loop 2% to 18% throttle.
If and when you have your ECU flashed, the tuner needs to get rid of the closed loop 2% to 18% and change to open loop.
Another very important step is, the tuner needs to change is the ECU strategy to Speed density (remember they are from facory air density)..
This way they ECU determines what needs to be done via TPS position and RPM
This is what the PowerCommander uses .

I've spent many dollars and many lost hours trying to fix the throttle snatch once and for all.
I tried various tuners who promised me a fix with their flash tune.
After spending close to $3000.00 Aussie dollars on time wasters and dyno's, I was ready to trade her in on something different.

But I couldn't let her go. This was her only fault.
I was told to speak to a Tuner in Western Australia.It was my last chance and you wouldn't believe it, he sorted it out and explained to me the above issue.

I now have no more throttle snatch but need to watch how quickly I turn the throttle as she will spin the rear tyre or lift the front without hesitation.

I actually enjoy riding her now.
I never really did before because of the throttle snatch.

And another upside of all this is that my fuel economy is now on average 5.7 l/100km. that's 1.14 litres for every 20km.

The problem with this bike, is the ECU Maps used by Denso.
It's unlike any normal tuning strategy they use.
From factory the bike uses Air Density to control the closed loop 2% to 18% throttle position in the form of the IMAP(intake mass air pressure sensor) and the o2 sensor.(This is where our throttle snatch issue is)
Even if you disconnect the o2 sensor and run a o2 eliminator, the ECU will still be using the IMAP to control 2% to 18% throttle.
Under different load conditions at these throttle openings the bike adjusts it fuel and spark maps accordingly via IMAP
You cannot get around this. Even if you use a PowerCommander, the ECU will always fight the PowerCommander in the closed loop 2% to 18% throttle.
If and when you have your ECU flashed, the tuner needs to get rid of the closed loop 2% to 18% and change to open loop.
Another very important step is, the tuner needs to change is the ECU strategy to Speed density (remember they are from facory air density)..
This way they ECU determines what needs to be done via TPS position and RPM
This is what the PowerCommander uses .

I've spent many dollars and many lost hours trying to fix the throttle snatch once and for all.
I tried various tuners who promised me a fix with their flash tune.
After spending close to $3000.00 Aussie dollars on time wasters and dyno's, I was ready to trade her in on something different.

But I couldn't let her go. This was her only fault.
I was told to speak to a Tuner in Western Australia.It was my last chance and you wouldn't believe it, he sorted it out and explained to me the above issue.

I now have no more throttle snatch but need to watch how quickly I turn the throttle as she will spin the rear tyre or lift the front without hesitation.

I actually enjoy riding her now.
I never really did before because of the throttle snatch.

And another upside of all this is that my fuel economy is now on average 5.7 l/100km. that's 1.14 litres for every 20km.

Sounds good, which tuner in West Oz did you end up going to?

Zady5 and Diblert....Been reading this thread and hope to try this method out. I have already got the Fuel Cut taken care of by flashing but I still have the throttle snatch issue and I have sync throttles, adjusted TPs to 20 from 16 but no full elimination. Give me couple of days and I will post here on how it goes. Cheers from California

Good News... I seem to be the 2nd person to try this mod to get rid of the fuel cut. Bought 4 diodes 1N4004 from radio shack $3 and basically just twisted the wires after soldering the diodes and wires. I went for a quick test drive and then just kept going this felt too good to be true...finally my fz1 was not showing the fuel cut issues that I had been experiencing....This is too good to be true. I am going to doing more rides and give more feedback.... 2 thumbs up for this Zady....Thank you !!!! Thumbs up to Dilbert for trying this first...from you I knew I wasn't going to short anything :)

Does this totally remove the fuel cut experience ...no but its quite unnoticeable it almost 90% gone....thats good for me...I will be riding and testing this more on the twisties and comeback with feedback

Good News... I seem to be the 2nd person to try this mod to get rid of the fuel cut. Bought 4 diodes 1N4004 from radio shack $3 and basically just twisted the wires after soldering the diodes and wires. I went for a quick test drive and then just kept going this felt too good to be true...finally my fz1 was not showing the fuel cut issues that I had been experiencing....This is too good to be true. I am going to doing more rides and give more feedback.... 2 thumbs up for this Zady....Thank you !!!! Thumbs up to Dilbert for trying this first...from you I knew I wasn't going to short anything :)

Does this totally remove the fuel cut experience ...no but its quite unnoticeable it almost 90% gone....thats good for me...I will be riding and testing this more on the twisties and comeback with feedback

Hi there avf

Do you have more feedback on the mod, working for you ?

Yes It works and with over time as a rider we get used to some of the abruptness. I would suggest this mod first and over any of the flashing...

Great thanks avf,

My Rotor went before I could try the mod. So in the process of sorting that out. But will report back when I get to it.
Cheers

Just for people who are reading this years later....

FZ1N 2006. PC5(whittlebeast Averaged and smooth stage 3), Airbox mod, K&N filter, Micron GP slipon, Cat Gutted, AIS blanked, Files mod (40mm), O2 delete, FCE diode mod, 40,000kms on the clock.

Today I did the 4 diode mod that zady5 has laid out for us. I know an ECU flash is the best but I cant spend $700 on a $3500 bike... (5 days old to me)
I had a few "experts" have a ride of my FZ1N and they all said that's the worst throttle snatch/hesitation they have ever seen. (To the point that the bike is unsafe) I was mostly advised that the PowerCommander 5 might be the issue or one of the other mods and to put it all back to factory.. So I tried that and it was still there right between 4000-6000 rpm on the gear change or if you off then on the throttle.

So I put the bike back how it come to me, then did the 4 x 1n4007 diodes.. and wow what a difference... Shifts gears so much smoother without the huge jerking action.. felt like a completely different bike.. $0.98AUD...

Then I thought, hey. Ill try the flies mod.. Pulled them out, made up a jig to hold them in the lathe. Took them down to 40mm, I know other people go down to 36-38.. Just erring on the side of caution.
AGAIN another wow moment... The low down pull has almost doubled, (butt dyno :D) 6th gear doing 60km, add 1/10th throttle and you can fell it instantly pulling...

Thanks for the info guys. Has made my new (old) bike a banger..

Back