CO settings

hi skaevo
yes i have, i bought a racefit growler exhaust and my mechanic set the values at 15 as they were 0 from factory, less popping on decel. Works a treat.

2011 fz1n:sport12:

hi skaevo
yes i have, i bought a racefit growler exhaust and my mechanic set the values at 15 as they were 0 from factory, less popping on decel. Works a treat.

2011 fz1n:sport12:

Hey skeeny,
Thx for the info but mind u sharing the settings. For refrences sake. Coz mine stock '10 model wif k&n air filter mod but my mileage sucks, 160km than it blinks

The settings increase the richness of the air/fuel mix in each cylinder. "0" is the default and changing the values by +1 or -1 increases or decreases richness by +1% or -1% respectively

I am not sure whether this affects just your idle and closed throttle A/F mix, or whether this affects the A/F mix throughout the entire rev range (I am guessing the entire range).

After mods, the engine will be running leaner. A PowerCommander is the best way to address this and correctly tune the engine - but this could be the poor man's alternative (mine :))

**Just a little disclaimer**
This is based on what I have read from these forums and from asking my local Yamaha garage. Not even the dealership seems 100% sure through! IMO it could vary from bike to bike (EU/US?) and ECU firmware version. Alter at your own risk!! That being said, increasing CO values after engine mods seems to have given me very positive results!

My bet is those are really the opening time setting for the injectors. This most likely, is normally set with a CO meter so it was given this name. This is not a good way to get the bike tuned for the range you ride most of the time.

Beast

My bet is those are really the opening time setting for the injectors. This most likely, is normally set with a CO meter so it was given this name. This is not a good way to get the bike tuned for the range you ride most of the time.

Beast

Could you explain this in simple speak, why it's a potentially bad thing? I'm genuinely curious about this, since it's a change that I've made to my bike admittedly without fully understanding - seems you know more than I do :)

CO settings:
Its a built-in yamaha specs of controlling the individual fuel injectors (FI) the amount of fuel/pulse rate to each chamber of the throttle bodies. Thus this seems to be the minor adjustments of the fuel settings setup by yamaha. Though it still be under controlled of the ECU

I looked at this some time ago & as my values varied from -5 to +7 across the cylinders I was reluctant to alter them without fully understanding their function.
I am interested to read more

This is usually being alter only by yamaha mechs but it seems to be a minor changes for the pulse rate to the injectors.

Example:
If the bike is fitted to a PC3/5, most dyno mechs will reset this option to the values of 0 across all 4 CO settings, thus giving them more accuracy during dyno tuning.

Interesting , think I read nos 2&3 cylinders being higher due to running slightly hotter ?

Yup...usually CO2 & 3 are much higher but hv the same values. For tis im nt to sure why. Mayb to support for idling as the bike hv only 4 injectors unlike other sports like version bikes which hv 8. Thus tis bike hv the snatch/powercut problms during low revs/close throttle.

Back