My gen2 suspension issue

The gen 2 I bought I slowly got it in my mind that something unusual happened that caused my crash. I can flat foot with a 30in inseam

Rear was lowered but not the front. I ordered what seems to be the stock 09 dogbone but also kind of want confirmation so this is what I bought.

Also does anyone know the stock doggone length? It has an adjustable but don't know if I trust it holding up.

After fixing this I have to go over the suspension and try to learn to set it up properly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513_081326_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513_081326_Chrome.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 2
How much shock shaft is showing on the rear shock? You may have bottomed out and it launched ya. If there is no oil residue line on the shaft, thats most likely what happened. It can cause internal damage if it happens a bunch of times.

How much shock shaft is showing on the rear shock? You may have bottomed out and it launched ya. If there is no oil residue line on the shaft, thats most likely what happened. It can cause internal damage if it happens a bunch of times.
When I get back to my bike I'll take a look

Didn't fully understand it with my quick read. I crashed going slow in a corner and the back end just went out. Not much compression going on.

I just want to return it to stock so wanted to sure what I ordered looked right and also see if anyone knew the stock length. The suspension is set up all fucked up so I'm trying to get it back to normal. Was probably going 20mph on a soft 90° turn and it just let go

You didn't "just happen" to accidently tap the rear brake when you were leaning/turning, did you? That happened to me and I had my azz handed to me - 3 days in the hospital. IMO, the rear brake on the Gen2 is way too much, a smaller disc would be much more appropriate.

You didn't "just happen" to accidently tap the rear brake when you were leaning/turning, did you? That happened to me and I had my azz handed to me - 3 days in the hospital. IMO, the rear brake on the Gen2 is way too much, a smaller disc would be much more appropriate.
No rear brake, it was like the rear end just let go of the road and slid past me. I've done similar when I had my yamaha scr950 and no issues so it's surprising to me that that bike handled it better. I'm sure the tires I have aren't the best but still don't think it should have happened.

I only got a sprained thumb and a little rip on my jacket. Had to buy new bars and find a throttle tube (not fun for a new to bikes person) so I got an aluminum one with a nylon sleeve in it. I just imagine since it was only lowered in the rear that the geometry was to far off and also imagine lowering it gives a higher preloaded pressure on the spring

Back