06 Throttle snatch issue

Hi Utah,
The suggestion you ride it a while is a good one , however the throttle snatch and jerkiness on/off just when you dont need it ie when getting back on it just after the apex of a corner is a massive issue the faster you ride.

Mine has got the normal mods but the BEST one by far is ivan's FCE .
It takes the guesswork out of when the power will be delivered, it is just so smooth and a pleasure instead of a pain to ride fast.

I have a 2006 FZ1 and I have read about the throttle snatch issue. Some say you get used to it and others have said it is downright dangerous. Quick question, Would installing a "newer" 07-12 ECU fix it?

First, I would suggest that you do some research here on older threads. There's a lot of info on the subject, and different options.

I think you really have four options:
1) Live with it, get used to it for a while, then decide if you even have an issue that needs to be cured.
2) Get a newer ECU. The fuel cut is still there on newer units but reportedly to a lesser degree. My bike is an 09, and the FCE really did make a difference (Nice midrange performance increase).
3) Get the FCE and use your current ECU. If you do not plan to do future upgrades, this may be your best option.
4) If you're planning to do upgrades like a slipon and airbox mods that would require a PCV or PCIII, you may want to consider reflashing your ECU instead. Reflashing is around $350. It reprograms the EFI and defeats the fuel cut, along with other performance enhancing program changes, so you won't necessarily need a PCIII, ignition module or the FCE. The math says the reflash is the best value.

FWIW: I went the more traditional route. After I added a slipon, I bought a PCIII then did the airbox mod and cut flies, then an FCE. My bike runs great but I'm wishing I had just reflashed my ECU. It would have been a lot cleaner install and I would have the better timing advance curves. For fine tuning, the PCIII would be a nice addition to an ECU reflash but really not needed.

Last edited:
Hellgate. I would love to see how well the reflashed ECU deals with the changing issues wit these bikes. If I had plenty of money, I would love to reflash my 08 ECU and then retest.

ECU reflash 350 or new ECU 550
pc5 350
wideband 400
LCD/Data logging display 300
FCE 200
exhaust changes 400-850 each
spare air box lower 1/2 50
flies 50
Dyno 25000
Rent dyno with operator 125/hr

Pick your combo....

It all adds up for a bike that is going way faster than the cops allow from any rolling speed and any gear in about 2.5 sec.

Beast

Last edited:
It really is a floggers paradise here , selling wares to the insecure.

It really is a floggers paradise here , selling wares to the insecure.

Come on old mate, what's wrong with spending a bit of coin on your pride and joy.
You could piss it all away on a wall or gamble the money away but by spending it on your bike, you get to see and enjoy the benefits every time you ride.

Nothing wrong at all Ballmead,

Dont take me the wrong way , Ive just got a bit of a sarastic wit , after 30 years in motorbikes , you just get one.

Im all for everyone having fun , just dont get too deep in waffle.

Nothing wrong at all Ballmead,

Dont take me the wrong way , Ive just got a bit of a sarastic wit , after 30 years in motorbikes , you just get one.

Im all for everyone having fun , just dont get too deep in waffle.

No worries old mate
:)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back