150 rwhp possible without exhaust?

cjbottaro

Hello.

I checked out Ivan's site and the prospect of 150 rwhp is very enticing. Only problem is that I don't want to give up my quiet stock exhaust.

So considering that... what is a realistic rwhp target with just basic bolt on mods?

Also, any issues with passing inspection or losing drivability when doing these mods?

Thanks.

150rwhp would be quite difficult with bolt-ons without changing the exhaust. A healthy stock FZ1 dynos 125-130rwhp from the dyno charts I have seen. The main bolt-on power adders are exhaust, intake and fuel controller. A slip-on exhaust typically adds 3-7rwhp, a FULL exhaust (header back with no cats) can yield 10+ horsepower (again, based on dyno charts I've studied) with a fuel controller and dyno tuning. Simply modding your airbox, installing a high flow filter and a fuel controller with proper tuning wouldn't likely yield more than about 5-10rwhp on it's own.
That being said I wouldn't obsess over the 150rwhp peak power mark, what really makes a bike quicker is improving the power throughout the powerband. As far as inspection goes, it just all depends on where you live and how strict they are. Where I live, they do no inspections or emissions testing at all. Simple mods like a PCIII or PCV fuel controller are easily removed before inspection if needed.

Hey Hellgate... why/how did you get a 2010 ECU put on your 2006 FZ1?

And yeah, RavenFZ1, I understand about usable power rather than just peak power. I guess I meant to ask if it's worth it to do all those mods but not do an exhaust.

Hey Hellgate... why/how did you get a 2010 ECU put on your 2006 FZ1?

And yeah, RavenFZ1, I understand about usable power rather than just peak power. I guess I meant to ask if it's worth it to do all those mods but not do an exhaust.

Well it should have arrived in the mail today from Finland. I'll be home in 30 minutes to find out.

The main reason it to have a better map on the ECU, one that manages the timing, fuel and throttle bodies better than my current '06 map. Once I get the ECU I'm off to AF1 to dyno tune the bike.

I'm not looking for more power but trying to create the "perfect" thottle, eg: reostat like.

Back