16T/47T Sprocket Mod. - Speedo Healer? FZ1N

A question regarding 16T/47T Mod. - To what extent does this alter speedo reading and related Odo. data. What is a Speedo Healer and is it necessary for this conversion? My current fuel consumption varies from 190k to 225k on premium 98 octane. Not really concerned about increase in fuel use, just curious how much extra. No mods yet. From what I've read this mod is an realistic, economical way to get more beast out of what i regard as an excellent performance bike. Any input welcome. Cheers.

With this set-up, the speedo will be out by around -14.6%.

The SpeedoHealer or SpeedoDVD will correct this error.

Thanks Ballmead, so less 14.6% speed indicated. Better than more. You have done the 16T/47T mod. Did you install the SpeedoHealer or similar and if so, where did you squeeeze it in. Not a lot of install room available - I viewed a unit from AMC Accessories. Nice bike BTW. Cheers.

Thanks Ballmead, so less 14.6% speed indicated. Better than more. You have done the 16T/47T mod. Did you install the SpeedoHealer or similar and if so, where did you squeeeze it in. Not a lot of install room available - I viewed a unit from AMC Accessories. Nice bike BTW. Cheers.

Thanks mate.
Yes, I have a V4 SpeedoHealer fitted under the passenger seat and next to my PCV.
They are not very large so it fits no problem.
I bought mine on Ebay, AMC was a tad too expensive when I bought mine last year.
They work flawlessly and if you ever decide to get a Healtech X-type gear indicator, they plug into each other and work in tandem.

Thanks mate.
Yes, I have a V4 SpeedoHealer fitted under the passenger seat and next to my PCV.
They are not very large so it fits no problem.
I bought mine on Ebay, AMC was a tad too expensive when I bought mine last year.
They work flawlessly and if you ever decide to get a Healtech X-type gear indicator, they plug into each other and work in tandem.

Good one,Ballmead. Yes, I know the spot under the passenger seat. I had to remove the tail tidy for my RWC. Ended up rearranging the wiring in there from the original installation. Nice and tidy now. AMC want about $150. Very useful that it works in tandem with the gear indicator set up. However, the first mod. I'm doing will be the 16T/47T cog swap with the SpeedoHealer. Cheers.

You'll love it mate, bang for buck, it's the best mod you can do.
You will definitely feel the difference in acceleration.

Looking forward to it!! Not that easy to mono with the stock gearing or maybe I don't try hard enough. No complaints with my FZ1N - the normal acceleration through the gears is brilliant! Quite a package Yamaha put together!!! Do you know if the chassis is R1 based as well as the engine (aside from suspension and brakes)? Cheers.

Looking forward to it!! Not that easy to mono with the stock gearing or maybe I don't try hard enough. No complaints with my FZ1N - the normal acceleration through the gears is brilliant! Quite a package Yamaha put together!!! Do you know if the chassis is R1 based as well as the engine (aside from suspension and brakes)? Cheers.

As far as I know, the chassis was designed specifically for the FZ1.

Good one,Ballmead. Yes, I know the spot under the passenger seat. I had to remove the tail tidy for my RWC. Ended up rearranging the wiring in there from the original installation. Nice and tidy now. AMC want about $150. Very useful that it works in tandem with the gear indicator set up. However, the first mod. I'm doing will be the 16T/47T cog swap with the SpeedoHealer. Cheers.
I got a Speedo DR from 12 oclock labs. Cost a lot less than the Healtech unit delivered to Aus. Its very small, I double sided taped it to the battery and it also works linked to the Healtech Gipro unit.

I got a Speedo DR from 12 oclock labs. Cost a lot less than the Healtech unit delivered to Aus. Its very small, I double sided taped it to the battery and it also works linked to the Healtech Gipro unit.

Thanks Blanchy - good to know there's a choice and it is basically compact. Double sided tape solves a multitude of problems. Cheers

Thanks Blanchy - good to know there's a choice and it is basically compact. Double sided tape solves a multitude of problems. Cheers

This is probably the best price for the SpeedoDRD here in the US. Not sure how much it would cost to ship to AU.

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18212&cat=255&page=1

By the way I also have it on my bike and it works great. I just zip tied the harness and left the end loose under the seat. No issues with it:

attachment.php

This is probably the best price for the SpeedoDRD here in the US. Not sure how much it would cost to ship to AU.
By the way I also have it on my bike and it works great. I just zip tied the harness and left the end loose under the seat. No issues with it:

Good close up pic, NJFZI. Good price in the US too. About half price to the local unit I viewed. Another one to choose from. Alway's liked the S model....never rode one.....does the fairing cut much wind or is it more for aesthetics?? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good close up pic, NJFZI. Good price in the US too. About half price to the local unit I viewed. Another one to choose from. Alway's liked the S model....never rode one.....does the fairing cut much wind or is it more for aesthetics?? Cheers.

Well the FZ1-S doesn't have great wind protection, but I suppose it's better than the FZ1-N. And if you were referring to the lower fairings, yes they do help with the wind, especially at highway speeds.

Well the FZ1-S doesn't have great wind protection, but I suppose it's better than the FZ1-N. And if you were referring to the lower fairings, yes they do help with the wind, especially at highway speeds.

Yes, I'm sure the S has more wind protection.......all I have is a headlight!!!! But it looks great. Good the lower fairing helps. So far, I'm ok with no fairing - too busy hanging on!!! Cheers.

Bought mine direct from 12 o'clock Labs, very good price to Aus

Back