1st gen suspension upgrades

New to the fz1, I purchased it as a second bike to my Hayabusa. Mainly will be using the fz1 for the twisties, my front fork is currently leaking. Im just curious if the stock forks/suspension will be sufficient enough for my type of riding?

A good service, springs for your weight and having sag set is very worthwhile. Most people don't even bother to have their fork & shocks serviced/maintained on a regular basis and it makes such a difference when you do

Id like to pick up new front forks, but am having a hard time finding them in the aftermarket world. Ideally id like to get some nice bronze colored front forks to go along with my street fighter look, is there some sites to check out?

Heavier oil will give a rough, awful ride. Talk to Lee @ traxxion... Thinner oil actually works through the valving better and will make them more compliant.

--note 2

Exactly...I put 5wt silkolene in my racetech revalved front end. 09' R6 rear shock and some sticky take off GP-A's and your ready for the twist:) Well, at least I use take offs that are in excellent shape. Usually from some slow r6 trackday wannabe Ha! Ha! R6 doesn't have that much torque...this way the sides and acceleration portions of the tire are in pretty good shape. $57.00 for a set...can't beat that. I even get 3000-3300 miles out of the front and about 2500-2700 out of the rears. Depends on roads and who I'm riding with all the time. I ride fastest when I'm alone usually. FZ1's rule:D

youtube channel AFM674

Last edited:
Back