2002 fz1 build

Bought the bike off a friend wrecked. Slowly starting to get it back into a running bike.
So far i got it re-wired replaced bars and throttle with dirtbike setup. Removed everything that wasnt needed. Tank has a big dent and i still need to find a tail fairing. I got the headlight made for it but it is at the powder coaters. It is very dirty and needs a bath. Will post pics as i go. Heres what i got so far.
100_5399.jpg

100_5398.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5395.jpg

100_5394.jpg

things to come next, stainless brake lines for front, ivans carb kit with pods, slip on, and a few misc things. Not sure how far im going to go with it yet.

I love resurrections of old and wrecked bikes. This could be the start of an awesome street fighter. Keep at it. Search ebay and craigslist often! Parts are plenty out there.

posted this in general discussion anyone know the difference?

I found that part shark has the cheapest replacement fairings but the rear has 3 part numbers. Does anybody know the difference between the 3?

http://www.partshark.com/fiche_sect...y=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2002&fveh=1087
Its piece number 30

the 3 part numbers are?
5LV-21651-00-P4 (replaces 5LV-21651-00-4B)
5LV-21651-00-P0
5LV-21651-00-P2

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Aleccvhs is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

-P4 is Blue
-P0 is Black
-P2 is Silver

I just figured that out. Durp i should have figured that. Thank you for your help. I guess i need to order a P2 Soon.

I also cut the front fender up and put it on backwards. Will post pics soon and more when i get my headlight back from pc.

After seeing the tank prices i am going to leave this one on for awhile. it doesn't leak just looks horrible. Would rather get the thing rideable than worry about the looks of the tank right now.

Made the fender brackets today
Before
100_5408.jpg

After
100_5412.jpg

100_5413.jpg

It is very sturdy now. Just need to take them back off and paint or powder coat them. Should have headlight next week. I also tried to start the bike today and the fuel pump want allowing fuel to pass. Took out the fuel pump and it fired right up. There is no part number on it and i do not want to pay the outrageous prices for a new one. Does anybody know were i can find the flow rates of it so i can find a new one that isnt 150-200 bucks?

The bike was bought off of a friend. After he wrecked it it sat in his garage for a year or more with no gas tank. I'm assuming it dried out?? The bike ran great even after wreck. It made the noise like it was priming but not a drop of fuel came out of the out line. I noticed they do not make a rebuild kit. any help would be appreciated. I'm going to take it apart to see if i can find anything obviously wrong with it. thanks

I'm not sure about flow rates on a GenI fuel pump but Partshark has it for $162.00 dollars new. The part number is 4SV-13907-02-00. I know you don't want to spend a ton of cash but if all else fails here you go. There is an easy test to see if your is working or not. Just remove the hose from below the gas tank and insert it into a jar of gas. Remove the outlet hose from the pump and insert it into an empty container, then turn the key "on" and it should pump into the container. I went through this myself and it worked fine. They rarely go bad.

I'm not sure about flow rates on a GenI fuel pump but Partshark has it for $162.00 dollars new. The part number is 4SV-13907-02-00. I know you don't want to spend a ton of cash but if all else fails here you go. There is an easy test to see if your is working or not. Just remove the hose from below the gas tank and insert it into a jar of gas. Remove the outlet hose from the pump and insert it into an empty container, then turn the key "on" and it should pump into the container. I went through this myself and it worked fine. They rarely go bad.

thank you. I had done that to start with and got nothing. I took it apart and cleaned everything out that came apart and put it back on and it works now. Not sure what i did as i did not see any debris in it. But oh well it works now.

Got tired of looking at that dent in the tank. pounded out the dent best i could from the inside and mudded it smooth. Sprayed it with dupli color bed liner. Very fine texture. I think it came out great and saved me a lot of money.
100_5425.jpg

100_5426.jpg

100_5428.jpg

tank back on the bike. This stuff needs 3 hours to cure. Once it does if i like the durability i will do the front fender to match. Best part is im only in this tank 10bucks.
Here are some pics
100_5433.jpg

100_5434.jpg

100_5435.jpg

100_5436.jpg

Back