2007 FZ1 miss/sputter between 2K & 3K

Frustrated. I changed the plugs in the fall after the bike starting running really rough and missing. That helped quite a bit, but there still was a little hesitation at low idle, especially after the bike had been running over about 10 minutes or so.

I added some Sea Foam yesterday, and after that had a chance to work in, it only got worse. It evens out when the bike is revved out, but at low idle to high idle it hesitates and misses.

Check to make sure your fuel line isn't kinked. Even if it isn't I'd replace it. Screw the threads on using the 1/4" line as a replacement, sounds like a PITA!

I used some 5/16" fuel injection rated line and two fuel line clamps. Cost me about $10 for two bikes. Took about 1/2 hour maximum to install. Until I replaced the factory line I would quit looking for any other causes, IMHO.

Here's a link to the original fuel line modification.
http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105290&highlight=unkinkable

Last edited:
Check to make sure your fuel line isn't kinked. Even if it isn't I'd replace it. Screw the threads on using the 1/4" line as a replacement, sounds like a PITA!

I used some 5/16" fuel injection rated line and two fuel line clamps. Cost me about $10 for two bikes. Took about 1/2 hour maximum to install. Until I replaced the factory line I would quit looking for any other causes, IMHO.

Here's a link to the original fuel line modification.
Blind Spot's Unkinkable Fuel Line Mod. - FZ1OA Message Board

i have the same problem. idk if that was the fix for the bike but that doesn't seem like it would be the problem. if the fuel line was kinked then it would have problems no matter the rpm range due to the restriction of fuel flow. i haven't done any testing yet on my bike but the first thing i'm gonna check is carb sync. i know for a fact that i have a low charging level. it may be a weak spark as well

Frustrated. I changed the plugs in the fall after the bike starting running really rough and missing. That helped quite a bit, but there still was a little hesitation at low idle, especially after the bike had been running over about 10 minutes or so.

I added some Sea Foam yesterday, and after that had a chance to work in, it only got worse. It evens out when the bike is revved out, but at low idle to high idle it hesitates and misses.

did u ever find the fix for this?

Back