2009 Race Season..Is It Just Me???

Is it just me or has the 2009 race season been one of the most outstanding in recent years? I'm talking Moto GP, 250 GP, World Superbike, and AMA Daytona Supersport. I can't get enough of this stuff! Martin Cardenas, Matt Mladin, Marco Simoncelli, Ben Spies, Haga, Rossi, Lorenzo, and the list goes on. It's been a phenomenal season thus far and more edge of my seat action than I can stand.

I have not had even a moment to watch TV let alone a race. This year has been fantastically busy with work, family, house, family, vacation, family, etc.... I've missed out on MotoGP, Red Sox, NASCAR and anything else I want to watch!

I get to read about it in RSS feeds at work, that's about it!

Any free time I have I spend out on the bike so long as it's not raining (this dismal place is staring to feel like Seattle!)

Well, I need to come to the East Coast and visit family -- so if you are ready to start on the garage expansion.....?? You come up with anymore ideas?

As for the season -- this is truly my first year so I'm like a kid in a candy store. Just unfortunate for the 2nd race for Spies -- 1/2 watching it so I won't chime in until I finish it...

It is either problems with his bike or he crashes....no in between...just hope he can close the gap in the points...

Last edited:
Yes, just come do it the way you'd want it done. :D I'll trust a pro in the trade!

It's got to hold all the outdoor tools and equipment, patio and deck items to include a huge grill along with two bikes and a scooter. Whew!

And it can't cost a lot.... ;)

Seriously, if you ever do come this way and want a place to stay a few nights, our door is always open.

Eric...you are dealing with quality for a fair price....I bought the culls of the redwood pile for .30 cents on the dollar -- and built one heck of a hot tub deck for my mom/dad after bids were coming in over 6k. All I had to work with was a hot tub shell, still standing stong to this day, but it is in need of some cleaning up...

With your design that you have in mind-- probably looking no more than 2500 materials -- it is the labor that'll kill you (especially if you are doing it yourself)

There's a ton of places with free pallets here... Think I can construct it out of those to save money? ;)

Yeah, it's a deck, three walls, a garage door and a roof. I have the siding and a window. Not a lot is there?

At my age, you're right, the labor WILL kill me! :D

Back